Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Anybody Else Collect Matchbox Or Hot Wheels Cars?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 dangeroustoys56 OFFLINE  

dangeroustoys56

• Member No: 8507
  • 18 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted February 25, 2012 - 07:48 AM

MFDAC: Unfortunately yes - actually until you posted about all your AFX cars , id pretty much forgotten about mine - all my other collections have 'taken over' - that was way back when i was around 10 years old - i have 31 years later tacked on now. I know if i tried collecting them now, id have to build a track( gotta try em out!) - just dont have the room or time to set something up.

Besides my hotwheels and diecasts, im still searching for those elusive 'Zinger' and 'Street Freaks' from Johhny lightning

corvette zinger.JPG

Theyre just so cool looking ....

#32 truck21 OFFLINE  

truck21

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2813
  • 431 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted February 25, 2012 - 07:22 PM

Ok Troy here goes!!!Bellaire%20Speedway&D&B%20raceway%200051.JPG Bellaire%20Speedway&D&B%20raceway%200081.JPG Bellaire%20Speedway&D&B%20raceway%200131.JPG garys cars 077.jpg
  • johndeereelfman and MFDAC have said thanks

#33 truck21 OFFLINE  

truck21

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 431 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted February 25, 2012 - 07:26 PM

Sorry forgot one.

WOOD OVAL 030.jpg
  • johndeereelfman and MFDAC have said thanks

#34 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted February 25, 2012 - 10:19 PM

There you are! Looks good Don. Been to your house a couple times, and really enjoy the slot cars. Don has an excellent set up in his basement, well let me rephrase that, excellent set ups! Thanks for posting Don, and Thank you for the pictures!
  • truck21 said thank you

#35 MFDAC ONLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,032 Thanks
  • 1,127 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 07:48 PM

Real nice DAC. I used to have one of those tractor trailer trucks, and hated it, because it never stayed on the track. Mostly ran just the truck.

I really thought Don (truck21) would have been on here by now, showing us his major collection of slot cars. He has quite a lot, and I was hoping he'd share some photos of his layouts. I guess I'll have to give him a call, and see if I can get him motivated to join us.

Thanks Troy. The guy that hosts that Annual Tractor-Trailer race has attached the trailer to the tractor so they can't come unhooked and It sounds like they have a very competitive event. Incidentally he is the person that purchased my 6 lane track.

MFDAC: Unfortunately yes - actually until you posted about all your AFX cars , id pretty much forgotten about mine - all my other collections have 'taken over' - that was way back when i was around 10 years old - i have 31 years later tacked on now. I know if i tried collecting them now, id have to build a track( gotta try em out!) - just dont have the room or time to set something up.

Besides my hotwheels and diecasts, im still searching for those elusive 'Zinger' and 'Street Freaks' from Johhny lightning

corvette zinger.JPG

Theyre just so cool looking ....

As a kid long before Zingers the cartoonish sort of stuff was usually plastic statues or Ed Roth designed model kits.
That is the first pics. I had a bunch of those things, pre-1972. Wish I could help you find more Zingers.!

Ok Troy here goes!!!Bellaire%20Speedway&D&B%20raceway%200051.JPG Bellaire%20Speedway&D&B%20raceway%200081.JPG Bellaire%20Speedway&D&B%20raceway%200131.JPG garys cars 077.jpg

Very amazing tracks! Thanks for posting them. Are they 1/24? The cars kinda look like it. Stock car and modified type cars is my favorites too. I especially dig that Tri-Oval. I thought my brother-in-law was nuts when he built 4 large HO scale tracks in his shop, but appears you and him have a lot in common---LOL!

I did race 1/24 and a few 1/32 extensively in the late 60's up to 1972 at a huge tri-level commercial track downtown.
The 4th pic is all I have left of my cars big scale cars after a flood in 1972.

There you are! Looks good Don. Been to your house a couple times, and really enjoy the slot cars. Don has an excellent set up in his basement, well let me rephrase that, excellent set ups! Thanks for posting Don, and Thank you for the pictures!

Thanks for getting Truck21 to post his pics so we can continue to hijack your thread away from your subject!! What he has set up rivals most any commercial raceways I have ever seen.

The last few pics are a few of the custom HO scale slot cars I have built in the last 10 years or so.

EDIT---For some reason the pics didn't appear in the order I downloaded them for my explainations. Hope you can figure it out!

Attached Thumbnails

• Roth type stuff 002.jpg
  • Roth type stuff 009.jpg
  • Roth type stuff 007.jpg
  • flood 124 slots.jpg
  • Old mod slot cars 003.jpg
  • Old mod slot cars 004.jpg
  • Old mod slot cars 005.jpg
  • Old mod slot cars 006.jpg

Edited by MFDAC, March 04, 2012 - 07:54 PM.

• truck21, johndeereelfman, DB1 and 1 other said thanks

#36 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 08:29 PM

Hi-Jacking the thread is no problem. I'm very interested in seeing everybody's collections, no matter what they may be! Very cool. :bounce:

Edited by johndeereelfman, October 14, 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#37 truck21 OFFLINE  

truck21

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 431 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 10:16 PM

HI MFDAC,

We run any scale on my tracks but most are 1/32 scale.

THANKS DON.
  • MFDAC said thank you

#38 dangeroustoys56 OFFLINE  

dangeroustoys56

• Member No: 8507
  • 18 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 04:19 PM

MFDAC: Ive seen those Zinger plastic kits online - they command a whole lot of money - ive had a couple in the past , i actually still have one wrapped up - called a 'hemi semi' designed by Tom daniels/produced by revell - bot it years ago, never seen one since.

I actually blame my wife for the first 'zinger' diecast car - i bot it when i originally met her , and just kept collecting them. I have like 12 of them now .