IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 06:11 PM

Sorry to hear about this Brian. Nail em to the wall if you can. This crap is just so terrible.

#17 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 06:31 PM

When something like this happens to you or someone you know--there IS a feeling of being violated-. A chop saw was stolen from me a while back and I was so mad for so long I boobie-trapped the place with 2 pressure tanks filled with coyote urine controled by a trip wire and an old fashioned bear trap of 1/4" SS wire controlled by a 2 HP motor.

Friends would stop in the drive to be sure everything was safe to come in..:bigrofl:

I wasn't interested in cameras or cops. I wanted a little "chat" with that guy.

#18 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,625 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 08:10 PM

Sorry too about your shop being broken into and all the tools and equipment stolen , do you have serial #s for any of the equipment ? Might help if it shows up for sale some time , Al

#19 tractorgarden ONLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 08:26 PM

Sorry to here of your loss Brian.

#20 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 09:53 PM

Holy (censored), that sucks so bad, when the times get hard the filth comes out to steal, i hope to god you catch then or find out who did it, i would not know what to do, stealing, god ! i can not belive im breathing the same air these (censored) are breathing.

#21 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 09:56 PM

Thanks Everyone for the words of support. It's been quite a day, from the phone call this morning to seeing all the equipment gone. As Daniel posted earlier, our so-called insurance doesn't cover contents from theft. Dad and I are into the second week of a major project for our shop, with nothing to work with. Called my good friend at our welders supply house, he owns the place, and he is going to sell us 1 new wire welder and a new plasma machine at his costs plus 5% which is a lot of discount to his mormal rate of profit. He is also going to spread it out over 3 months bills for us. Atleast we will be done with the project and be able to pay off what we have left and pick up anther welder and some of the other pieces we lost.

#22 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 10:07 PM

I'm glad that your friend and supplier is going to help you out. That's truly a blessing!
The more that I've thought about this, the more I agree with what the others have said. This smells like an inside job to me. A thief wouldn't take the time to steal all of the consumables. Fabrication is near and dear to my heart and I'm familiar with many of the particular machines and equipment that you listed. Those torches alone are $300/each let alone the bottles, hoses and gauges! You'll be in my prayers for an adequate solution to this issue!

#23 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 10:14 PM

Brian, im sorry to hear of your situation. I hope they find out who did broke into your place.

#24 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 10:21 PM

They took off all the bottles and left them, I guess they must have known that they are very traceable. They did even take heavy power cords (220/440Volt) that we made up to let us move the machines all around the shop. It's like they are going to set up a shop, because they took everything they would need to do any fab. job. They just need an empty shop and a gas vender..

#25 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 10:26 PM

If you have a decent officer working with you on this, you might ask him to call the local Gas suppliers and ask them to report any new accounts that order what was left behind.

#26 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 10:34 PM

Thanks Alan, I did that myself this morning, while they were still taking the reports. I called all the suppliers within 75 miles of the shop.

#27 Fabman OFFLINE  

Fabman

• Member No: 3229
  • 257 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 10:44 PM

:ditto:on checking for any new gas accounts being set up around the tri-county area. They will slip up eventually. Sorry for your loss for i to have been violated the same way. Take plenty of pics' and hide some kind of personal I.D. on your equipment for the police, it helps take away any doubts Randy.

#28 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 10:59 PM

Sorry to hear this Brian

#29 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 11:48 PM

Hey Brian, sorry to read about your loss. I've been robbed before and it leaves you with an empty feeling. Just a thought, you might start watching the Houston, San Antonio, Austin and Corpus Craigslist for your stuff. Sounds like they knew what they wanted and how long they could be there without being detected. Also had about the same luck with insurance only with a frozen water pipe the burst and ran for several days while we were gone. They claimed I didn't provide adequate heat, blah, blah, blah. One more time, sorry ole buddy and wish you the best. PS: Get a BBFD.......Big Bad F$#%&@g Dog.

#30 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted February 09, 2012 - 01:00 AM

Brian, sorry to hear this happend. But, in time youll barely remembered what happend

Maybe Jose loaded it all with his Ingersoll Rand backhoe lol