19 replies to this topic

#16 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 11:58 AM

I try to master the names of each implement so that I don't sound like an idiot when in the presense of those that know. However, when talking to those that know little or nothing you have to call the implements by both names until they figure out what the heck you're talking about when you say you have a 10" moldboard plow. Otherwise you can get the response, "That won't move much snow in the winter." LOL

Well there you or I go with the regional lingo. Out here we either push or plow snow, but the implement used to do so is always a Blade. If it blown we use a blower.
  • Huskyfan said thank you

#17 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 08:32 PM

Yeah, that "plow" thing bugs the crap outta me. Seach craigslist for plow and you get a thousand tinny craftsman snow blades for sale...uh.
  • Huskyfan and freedhardwoods have said thanks

#18 Jordan9682 OFFLINE  

Jordan9682
  • Member No: 31931
  • 71 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 01:37 PM

Yeah, that "plow" thing bugs the crap outta me. Seach craigslist for plow and you get a thousand tinny craftsman snow blades for sale...uh.

Or google search "disc" and most results are along the lines of "disc brakes"
  • Huskyfan said thank you

#19 Huskyfan OFFLINE  

Huskyfan
  • Member No: 13885
  • 6 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 09:27 AM

I try to master the names of each implement so that I don't sound like an idiot when in the presense of those that know. However, when talking to those that know little or nothing you have to call the implements by both names until they figure out what the heck you're talking about when you say you have a 10" moldboard plow. Otherwise you can get the response, "That won't move much snow in the winter." LOL

Thanks that will be handy for me as i have not so much snow but loads of soil on my field, so it's a Moldboard or Bottom plow when talking about dirtplowing?

#20 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 11:08 AM

Even up here in NewEngland they call things differently. ie"snow plow" , "dozer blade"( for dirt) "bottom plow" and a Harrow is a harrow unless its a "spiked tooth" or "chisel tooth" LOL.
Oh and most all that I have seen have the notched discs up front with the rounds on the rear. And with them set correctly will make your plot look like it was tilled with a roto-tiller.
  • Huskyfan and Jordan9682 have said thanks