sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted February 07, 2012 - 08:03 AM

I have a 16ft dble axle that I haul my small subcompact tractor on and a 5 x8 that has been my general purpose trailer for many years. Decided I wanted a 5 x 10 with the high metal grate sides for hauling debris, GT, etc.....and would then sell my 5 x8.....

So far I have missed 3 by minutes....all good deals......I am beginning to think I am cursed :smile1: ....last night I looked on craigslist before I went to bed nothing new.....woke up at 6 this morning and looked at 6:30 one had popped up after I had gone to bed.....texted the guy and it was already spoken for.....30 miles from my house........would have been a easy deal....

Any way justed wanted to vent my frustrations. I keep reminding myself...the lord has one for me and this was not the one he has picked for me.........sometimes patience is a hard lesson to learn....even at 52.....:smile1:

Edited by sacsr, February 07, 2012 - 08:13 AM.

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted February 07, 2012 - 08:07 AM

Wit all the attachments I'm amassing, I'm going to have to get a larger trailer.

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted February 07, 2012 - 08:13 AM

Frustrating when you just miss something like that. Good luck.
  • sacsr said thank you

#4 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted February 07, 2012 - 08:19 AM

yep, been there done that, have patience, grasshopper......God is just seeing to it that you get the right one.....
  • sacsr said thank you

#5 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted February 07, 2012 - 11:50 AM

I't a bummer but I'm sure that in the end all will turn out for the better. Hang in there.
  • sacsr said thank you

#6 mrolds88 OFFLINE  

mrolds88

• Member No: 6584
  • 2 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted February 07, 2012 - 03:13 PM

Maybe put an ad on CL for a 5x10 wanted? I know, you'll never get an answer. LOL (my luck)
  • sacsr said thank you

#7 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted February 07, 2012 - 03:38 PM

Thanks mrolds88.....I did that....of course the one this morning was a 7 x 14 with the high mesh sides....looked almost brand new for $800..... would have upsized for that type of money :smile1: ....he said he would call me back if they guy did not buy it.....ain't no way that that is going to happen......too good of a deal to pass up......He could buy it and sell it for a quick $200 down here...heck I would pay him a $900 and let him make $100...

\

Maybe put an ad on CL for a 5x10 wanted? I know, you'll never get an answer. LOL (my luck)

#8 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted February 07, 2012 - 08:00 PM

Don't get a 5x10, you will regret it. Get at least 6.5x12 because then you can get at least 2 to 4 GTs on it dependent on their sizes, shapes, and attachments.

I have a 6x10 and find it too small a lot of the time...
  • sacsr said thank you

#9 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 07, 2012 - 08:21 PM

It is the Bush Hog curse. You bought em too quick together and let alone you found them. :D

#10 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 07, 2012 - 08:34 PM

This is where some smart arse says "good things come to those who wait", right. But I aint the one waiting :smilewink:. I agree with the guys above, the right one will find you sooner or later.

edit
smilieman

Edited by Michiganmobileman, February 17, 2012 - 07:35 PM.

• sacsr said thank you

#11 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted February 07, 2012 - 09:29 PM

Well....I might have figured out why I missed this one.....went to get some cash out of my bank today.....says I am pretty thin on available cash at this time......guess my daughters wedding 2 weekends ago must have cost a few more bucks than I was aware of...(women do that some times).....:smile1:. .....thats okay it was worth the price to see her walking down the aisle.:smile1:

Guess God knew how much I had in my checking account better than me!!!

But I am still waiting for the right trailer to come my way...........
  • Delmar said thank you

#12 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted February 07, 2012 - 09:32 PM

Casey....you may be right on that 5 x 10 being too small........there is a 6.8 by 12 with all my requirements down the road......price is too high .....but maybe in another couple of weeks he will come down.

George- yea the Bush Hog curse and trailer curse may be working together to haunt me .....

#13 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 11:04 AM

Well more to the story on the missed trailer......another trailer showed up different size....but "same" looking trailer.......wanted $1000 ......I called and ends up it was the same trailer as the one I missed yesterday (original owner had wrong size-measure tounge, fenders, etc on it) and he had bought it and listed it and had already sold it this morning........ gotta love wheeling and dealing.......from what I could tell he had paid less than the asking price yesterday and got his asking price today........and I thought I was a pretty good wheeler dealer.......I am definitely not in the same class as this guy......:smile1: I better go back to school

#14 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 11:31 AM

I hope your waiting/patience pays off on a good deal. Sounds like there is money in the trailer flipping business. I have sometimes thought of getting a smaller one too. Can't justify it for my needs yet. Good luck.
  • sacsr said thank you

#15 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 06:58 PM

Well I picked up a trailer today......6 x 10 aluminum Cargo Mate ......owned by a perfectionist....stained the wood floor every year.....trailer looks new.........I researching now but any idea what one of these cost new??

To dark to take a picture...but the only thing I have seen on this trailer I do not like is how the trailer gate is latched...will take a picture tomorrow and would like some input on what could be done to make it better

I am now waiting on the guy to pick up my old trailer....been a good one for 14 years.....will hate to see it go.