Welcome to GTT I dont like to use four letter words like WORK

#17 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 11:15 PM

Belated welcome. Get that t70b up here, buddy!
If you are going to go in search of a mower, beware. There were different versions so not any panzer deck will go on a t70. Well, not without modification that is.

#18 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 09, 2012 - 03:14 PM

Welcom to the site! Congrats on your 'new' panzer!

#19 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted February 11, 2012 - 11:26 PM

Panzers Oh Yah !! Welcome abord !!
We need pictures !!

#20 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 07:31 PM

:welcometogttalk: Welcome to the site Alan and congrats on finding your new to you Panzer! Pictures and updates are always welcome here, the more the better. Panzers are built tough and simple to work on for sure. Glad you found the site and joined up. This is a friendly, helpful bunch of tractor nuts who hang out here.

#21 DirtyContacts OFFLINE  

DirtyContacts
  • Member No: 41360
  • 15 Thanks
  • 79 posts

Posted February 24, 2012 - 11:03 PM

Hey guys, sorry it took so long for me to get some pics up I have been trying to get the enigne running but with no luck. I have desided to dissasemble that tractor for paint, this will allow me to work on the engine easier then in the tractor. I ordered the paint today, $77 for a quart and a 1/4 pint of hardner. I have been doing alot of paint stripping on the Panzer as well as some dissasembly. Here are a few pics, the previous owner had painted it that dark blue, the worse part is that the teal was still in good condition. Anyways, plans are for a full restoration, to original. Ill get some more pics tomorrow to show that little progress I have made.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This site is great, I have already recieved some great tip. I have a mower deck for that tractor the issues is that its all rotted. I notice recently that the Wheel horse RJ58s deck looks alot like the Panzers has anyone looked at it before? My deck is the square style with the PTO off to that side. im thinging I might use it to move snow but other then that It would be just a fixture in the garage of my restoration work. Let ma know what you guys think about the pics. More to come.

#22 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• Member No: 5109
  • 1,334 Thanks
  • 1,322 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 07:47 AM

LOL, I have an original mower deck on mine, think it was built in Switzerland LOL >>>> has that Swiss cheese effct to it......

#23 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 09:49 AM

I'd be interested in seeing some pics of the mower deck too. Many of the mower decks from that era had the same basic design...much like today, one company makes a better mousetrap and all the others follow close behind with their own twists.

#24 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 11:08 AM

I'll have to remember to view this once I get home because the pictures aren't showing on this site. Yes, the original t70 mower deck had the mower deck which drove off the side. Also there was a plate ahead of the engine where a right angle gear drive sat. That gearbox is needed to run a belt from it to the mower deck.

Since the top of the mower deck was basically flat... I'd advise anyone trying to put a deck on to use a flat sheet of 1/8 steel and re-create the orginal mower deck from a rusty one. It's not too bad if you think about it for a while and go in with a plan... Measuring for the spindles and placing the mounts where they need to go.... etcetera. The most important thing is that the spindles are placed exactly so that the belt which goes between them fits correctly.

Sounds like your off to a good start on the paint. Good luck.

BTW, where are you from. I thought I remembered seeing this tractor on craigslist and thinking it was in good shape... albeit with the wrong paint color - but you knew that already.

Edited by cookiemonster, February 27, 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#25 DirtyContacts OFFLINE  

DirtyContacts
  • 15 Thanks
  • 79 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 09:11 PM

Cookie, im in RI the tractor was on Cl for a bit I traded a Snow blower and a running tractor for it. I knew what it was and all original, minus the paint. 6 years came to a close that night I was pumped to have a complete panzer my last one was a incomplete parts tractor.

#26 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted February 28, 2012 - 08:56 AM

Very cool. We touched on the deck thing in this and another post, but I'd say not to strip the mower deck down for parts... The spindles and such for these things are available out there. If the deck is together (albeit swiss cheese) then leave it together. It's worth much more together cause you or someone could copy the deck and move the hardware. Your just not going to find too many people out there who have an intact deck but need the hardware... it's always the other way around.

Edited by cookiemonster, February 28, 2012 - 08:57 AM.

#27 DirtyContacts OFFLINE  

DirtyContacts
  • 15 Thanks
  • 79 posts

Posted February 28, 2012 - 09:26 AM

Very cool. We touched on the deck thing in this and another post, but I'd say not to strip the mower deck down for parts... The spindles and such for these things are available out there. If the deck is together (albeit swiss cheese) then leave it together. It's worth much more together cause you or someone could copy the deck and move the hardware. Your just not going to find too many people out there who have an intact deck but need the hardware... it's always the other way around.

I have the deck intact. I was going to save it and make another one once the tractor is complete I also have a plow for it too so Ill be refinishing that as well. I have never in my life seen rebuildable deck blades like this deck has on it. it was surely built to last not like the junk we have out there today.