• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• Member No: 6649
  • 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted January 20, 2012 - 08:05 AM

From all that i have seen it is the best unmolested example i have seen so far and with your consent i would like to use that picture to model mine after. This is a new venture for me i used to build and restore cars and trucks and i will do it right down to the nuts and bolts being correct. but to do a car from the ground up will take ten years and a truck load of money and there never worth what you have into them so I'm going garden tractors.:bounce:I have all ways had a old garden tractor of some sorts and i just love um my first was a 1966 sears SS 12 my dad bought me to help him plow the small gardens for him when i was to young to handle the big tractors and old enough to do the job.
Well the whole point I'm trying to make here is I'm not tying to be an D.H. when I'm done it will look like it just came out the factory door and into my garage. I know i have something here that not to many have because when i look up other tractors i have like my CC original and my landlord there is endless examples to look at but this one there is hardly any around. I greatly appreciate your interest, your input, your time, and what ever knowledge you have into my project and some day i hope i can help you out in some sort.

#32 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted January 20, 2012 - 08:12 AM

columbia tractor and craftsman 001.jpg

From all that i have seen it is the best unmolested example i have seen so far and with your consent i would like to use that picture to model mine after. This is a new venture for me i used to build and restore cars and trucks and i will do it right down to the nuts and bolts being correct. but to do a car from the ground up will take ten years and a truck load of money and there never worth what you have into them so I'm going garden tractors.:bounce:I have all ways had a old garden tractor of some sorts and i just love um my first was a 1966 sears SS 12 my dad bought me to help him plow the small gardens for him when i was to young to handle the big tractors and old enough to do the job.
Well the whole point I'm trying to make here is I'm not tying to be an D.H. when I'm done it will look like it just came out the factory door and into my garage. I know i have something here that not to many have because when i look up other tractors i have like my CC original and my landlord there is endless examples to look at but this one there is hardly any around. I greatly appreciate your interest, your input, your time, and what ever knowledge you have into my project and some day i hope i can help you out in some sort.

Forgot this was the next best example i could find on the internet.

Attached Thumbnails

• columbia tractor and craftsman 003.jpg
  • columbia tractor and craftsman 005.jpg
  • columbia tractor and craftsman 004.jpg

#33 HALFSCALE OFFLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4343
  • 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 11:36 AM

It looks like on the other pictures ,that dads stripes might be further front, but I guess when they put that stuff on at factory or dealerships it's just on and done. Next time I go over to dads , I'll get the stripe widths of the different colors for you.

#34 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 08:18 AM

If you closely at the pictures the hood is different I think with the picture you showed i can come dang close to what it should look like, now all i need is the correct front wheels and a dash. Thanks for your help.

#35 HALFSCALE OFFLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4343
  • 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 11:00 PM

The dash I make my self, I have a like new sample and use as a mold and make them out of fiberglass. There a little thicker than original ,but work pretty good.

#36 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 07:35 AM

I thought about trying something like that, I know i can fab one out of metal but i have a older MTD that almost looks exactly the same. I don't have a plan for that but what ever it is It will look like the real thing.