Bolens 1253-2 Questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kirkcudbright OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8470
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 02:19 PM

I just purchased a 1253-2. On the back is some kind of additional hitch. It is attached at two points, and seems to be looking for a third point (drags the ground because something isn't holding it up). I assume it is a three-point hitch, minus whatever implement it was purchased for. (RESOLVED: bigdaddydon corrected me, and this is a sleeve hitch)

I also have a mower deck that is 48 inches wide at its widest. Are these measured by the outside dimensions (making this a 48 inch) or by the cutting width (making it less)? Model number is faded beyond recognition.

Finally, it has a 54 inch wide plow blade. Model number also not visible.

Does anyone have a clear photo of a three-point hitch mounted to a similar model? (RESOLVED: thanks again, bigdaddydon)

Any advice on where to find mounting directions for the deck and the plow blade? I have had no luck finding a diagram.

I have downloaded the service manual and the user manual. But, they do not show how to attach the deck and blade.

I don't have any photos yet.

Edited by kirkcudbright, February 03, 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#2 Bigdaddydon OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1755
  • 75 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 02:30 PM

What you have is a sleeve hitch. The pat you are missing is the lift link. Do a search in this forum for sleeve hitch and you will find all the diagrams you will need
  • kirkcudbright said thank you

#3 kirkcudbright OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8470
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 02:47 PM

Thank-you. That was very helpful.

I found perfect diagrams and photos of the sleeve hitch at http://members.shaw....leeve Hitch.pdf, linked from another posting. Now, I understand how it attaches.

#4 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,476 Thanks
  • 17,095 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 05:28 PM

The Tubeframes only used 3 different size decks 32'',38'',42''

Yours most likely is a 42'', The decks were measured by the width of the cut not how long the deck is altogether.

Could you get some pictures of your tractor and attachments?... Tubeframes only had 42'' Blades. Is it possible you have a homemade unit?
  • kirkcudbright said thank you