Last summer my wife came home with a 1968 Allis B-112. She liked it so I figured it would make her a good tractor to mow the lawn with. It never did really run right, wouldn't idle, the bevel gear box and small variable speed pulley were shot and the wiring was pretty hacked up and the brake drum was bent so it wouldn't roll forward.. So off to the corner of the garage it went until last saturday when I rolled it front and center and swapped the back half with a parts 3012 I had. As I started putting it back together it seemed the old guy who had it before us must have enjoyed messing with things. One governor spring was missing, the other was about an inch too long, which didn't matter anyways because come to find out the governor shaft was loose on the arm anyways! I replaced all the cables and wires and most of the hardware because apparently drywall screws and small wood blocks replace cage nuts.
Never understood why some people feel the need to butcher the crap out of things to save a couple $$$. So far I have $100 in the tractor, parts tractor was free, and about $150 in hardware, wiring, cables, belts ect so I really can't complain I guess. Just figured I'd clear my head as I have been working on this damn thing for 3 days straight. Here are some pictures as requested. The first one is at the guys house before she picked it up, next it with the rear end off and then a picture from this morning of it going back together. Just have to replace the crankcase breather tube, put the grill and hood back on, wire the headlights, fix a flat, and it should be ready for gas and go!
Edited by 1031d, February 01, 2012 - 02:05 PM.