• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 1031d OFFLINE  

1031d

• Member No: 6821
  • 32 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted February 01, 2012 - 02:20 AM

Last summer my wife came home with a 1968 Allis B-112. She liked it so I figured it would make her a good tractor to mow the lawn with. It never did really run right, wouldn't idle, the bevel gear box and small variable speed pulley were shot and the wiring was pretty hacked up and the brake drum was bent so it wouldn't roll forward.. So off to the corner of the garage it went until last saturday when I rolled it front and center and swapped the back half with a parts 3012 I had. As I started putting it back together it seemed the old guy who had it before us must have enjoyed messing with things. One governor spring was missing, the other was about an inch too long, which didn't matter anyways because come to find out the governor shaft was loose on the arm anyways! I replaced all the cables and wires and most of the hardware because apparently drywall screws and small wood blocks replace cage nuts. :wallbanging::mad2::shoot2::wallbanging::mad2::shoot2: Never understood why some people feel the need to butcher the crap out of things to save a couple $$$. So far I have $100 in the tractor, parts tractor was free, and about $150 in hardware, wiring, cables, belts ect so I really can't complain I guess. Just figured I'd clear my head as I have been working on this damn thing for 3 days straight. Here are some pictures as requested. The first one is at the guys house before she picked it up, next it with the rear end off and then a picture from this morning of it going back together. Just have to replace the crankcase breather tube, put the grill and hood back on, wire the headlights, fix a flat, and it should be ready for gas and go!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by 1031d, February 01, 2012 - 02:05 PM.
add pictures

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted February 01, 2012 - 07:19 AM

Glad to hear your making headway. (where's the pics?)

Drywall screws & wood blocks... That one is new. :D

#3 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 01, 2012 - 08:50 PM

That will be a fine GT for you and will last you a long time. Glad to see another one saved. Thanks for sharing.

#4 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted February 01, 2012 - 09:19 PM

Looks like a nice allis.

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted February 01, 2012 - 09:29 PM

There's the pics :thumbs:

Your looks to be in similar shape than mine was, except it doesn't sound like you'll be pulling the engine. Hopefully yours is "mouse-free"
Here's mine. http://gardentractor...-new-home-2283/

Nice looking Allis, thanks for sharing.

#6 simplicityac nut OFFLINE  

simplicityac nut

• Member No: 7897
  • 18 Thanks
  • 77 posts

Posted February 02, 2012 - 07:43 PM

nice b-112,glad u saved it

#7 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 02, 2012 - 07:58 PM

Nice tractor, glad you could save it and repair it the way it should be taken care of. When I got my tiger one of the previous owners had used nails to fix EVERYTHING, including the shift lever, my first drive on it the nail fell out and I couldn't stop... hit the garbage can.

#8 BairleaFarm OFFLINE  

BairleaFarm

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8328
  • 1,201 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 12:07 PM

Glad you saved it from a scrap pile. Its amazing what some people do to these. I must admit ive hacked a few in my days but always tru to fix and repair with approreate parts.

#9 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 05:54 PM

Good save, drywall screws ?....sad.....i take it the mower deck's spindle bearings were in good shape ?

#10 1031d OFFLINE  

1031d

• Member No: 6821
  • 32 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted February 06, 2012 - 09:46 AM

The mower deck was in good shape but I gave it to dad to put on the Big Ten as the deck I got with that was pretty sad shape. I have a 48" deck that the B-112 will get to play with. Finally got it done! What a pain! Got it all back together, lights working and it wouldn't start. I pinched a wire in the points cover. Then the starter button quit working. At least if you rotate the button when you push on it it gets contact. Also picked up a 42" Simplicity tiller for my 3212H but I put it on here for now as the hydro is in pieces. Off to figure out why my Bolens is being a turd!