My Other Hobbies

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 moogie OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8436
  • 5 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted February 01, 2012 - 03:05 PM

Looks great, the single bottem dump and box car came out great, do you weather them ? and do you have a steam engine to pull them ? if so would love to see it.
I use to have a HO scale train, use to build and modify RR cars and engines along with model cars and truck, i compleatly scratchbuilt my trains from the ground up starting with a scratch built engine to fit over the electric motor, then parts from different tains to make unique yard mules and shunters for the steel and iron foundry i had also scratch built, spent so many hour's studying pictures and sneaking into rail yards to look at the engines and RR cars, someday i would like to get back into it, very relaxing, thanks for posting this, good memorys for me.

This is what i am working on at the moment, here is a photo of the prototype i am basing my model on. It is a Great Northern Railway of Ireland "Q" Class 4-4-0 No.131.

Posted Image

I started with a Hornby Southern class T9 wide cab in green.

Posted Image

This is as far as i have got so far. Still needs a few more details and a proper paint job.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also have a Coras Iompair Eireann GM 141 Class Bo-Bo loco.

Posted Image

Plus R.P.S.I. coach set and various other engines, carriages and wagons but dont have photos of them.

#17 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 6,332 posts

Posted February 01, 2012 - 11:37 PM

Great model work. I enjoyed looking at them, thanks.

#18 trowel OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:37 AM

Very nice, i can see the modifications, thanks for the picture, please up date your progress if you could, i have a thing for trains and it's cars.

#19 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 05, 2012 - 07:11 AM

Pretty amazing talent, Nice Work!! Thanks for sharing but dont stop now!!

#20 dangeroustoys56 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8507
  • 18 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted February 10, 2012 - 09:05 PM

Wow- nice collection. Year ago I used to have a couple electric RC cars- then i started to hit thrift stores and started buying quite a few super cheep ones for like under $5 ( some came with remotes, some didnt) - needless to say my collection of them have expanded from the house to the shed where i tinker with my project tractors. I like the larger RC trucks and cars , sometimes can hit great deals at flea markets as well. Sometimes ill get some to take apart to get others functional that i like better.

#21 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,149 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 07:43 AM

You've got some skills there, enjoyed seeing them...suddenly I wondered if you've produced any tractors?...
KEEP ON DOIN' WHAT YOU DO!!! thanks for sharing.