#16 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted January 29, 2012 - 09:57 PM

wvbuzzmaster,

Thanks. I am enjoying the site. I would love to see your set up once you've completed your install. Regarding the momentary switch, I'd be interested in learning more about which momentary switch you might be referring to; push button, toggle, etc. Thanks again and I look forward to seeing a pic of your install if you;re able to.

Matthew

#17 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 29, 2012 - 10:07 PM

Matthew, I was thinking toggle would do it just fine on it's side, but I have to determine exact mounting method, and finally have to bolt the shift plate down LOL. It has been flopping around for couple years now lol. I think I could make it work out just fine being an electrician lol.

Heck, just a pair of spring clips and the shifter complete the circuit.

#18 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted January 30, 2012 - 10:00 AM

Matthew,

Go ahead and post the questions on here. I saw your question about the extra wire, and it is for the cigarette lighter. As for the valve stems on front wheels, I always mount mine to the inside, so that they don't interfer with mounting the hubcaps. I think most tractors have the front wheels mounted with the valve stems towards the inside, come to think of it. Each tractor type is different though, when it comes to the rear wheels and valve stems, as I have seen inside and outside mount.

Troy