8 replies to this topic

#1 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted May 31, 2010 - 03:09 PM

Finally got my garden in yesterday. It's a little late, and I didn't plant as much as I wanted to, but at least it's done. Hopefully things will grow. Something already dug up one of the zucchini plants:mad2:

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted May 31, 2010 - 08:13 PM

Nice to hear you got the Garden in. I got most of the stuff in but I still have a few things left to do.
Sorry about those zuccini plants...... It always seems to be a constant battle with those animals and rodents.....

#3 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted May 31, 2010 - 08:28 PM

I think I saw the intruder in the yard today. Didn't get a good look, but I'm guessing it was a woodchuck.
I've read, on some of the seed packets, where you can plant a second late summer crop to harvest in the fall. Never tried doing that, but maybe I will this year.

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,578 Thanks
  • 29,825 posts

Posted May 31, 2010 - 08:29 PM

Better late than never Bill. What all did you put out so far?

#5 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,578 Thanks
  • 29,825 posts

Posted May 31, 2010 - 08:31 PM

I think I saw the intruder in the yard today. Didn't get a good look, but I'm guessing it was a woodchuck.
I've read, on some of the seed packets, where you can plant a second late summer crop to harvest in the fall. Never tried doing that, but maybe I will this year.

Yep, many grow late season broccoli, but I've never tried. Around here the greenhouses don't grow late season plants, so I'd have to start my own plants, which I've never done.

#6 SonnyT OFFLINE  

SonnyT

Deceased

• Member No: 382
  • 116 Thanks
  • 125 posts

Posted May 31, 2010 - 08:44 PM

Glad you finally got it in. Got my second row of Green Beans in Saturday! I got a job/chore for the next couple of nights, a Groundhog has moved in under my Shed since Saturday. Saw him tonight, so out comes the 22 for the next couple of evenings!:bounce:

#7 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted June 01, 2010 - 05:29 AM

Better late than never Bill. What all did you put out so far?

I have a lot of shade in my yard, so the garden isn't very good for growing the veggies that like a lot of sun. I just have 6 tomato plants, 3 cucumber plants, a couple of zucchini, and a couple of pepper plants.

#8 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted June 01, 2010 - 05:40 AM

Yep, many grow late season broccoli, but I've never tried. Around here the greenhouses don't grow late season plants, so I'd have to start my own plants, which I've never done.

I started a bunch of plants, this year, but they didn't grow too well. I had them in the basement and then intended to move them out in to a hot bed, but time got away from me and I never got the hot bed built. I moved the plants outside as soon as the danger of frost was past but, they didn't seem to grow much, So I went and bought some larger plants to put in. I still have the plants, I started, sitting on my deck. If they grow a little bigger, I'll probably plant them too.

#9 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 631 Thanks
  • 1,219 posts

Posted June 01, 2010 - 06:29 AM

I planted all my annuals yesterday....then the rains came....and came....and came......I guess I better go out this morning and see if they are still where I planted them.....lol