• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JoeA OFFLINE  

JoeA

• Member No: 431
  • 1 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted May 31, 2010 - 01:55 PM

:confuse::wallbanging:hi all, hoping someone can help this newbie with a drive belt issue on my mf12...after finally getting my recently acquired mf12 running, i was driving it down the driveway and suddenly she stopped moving...no forward or reverse..noticed the drive belt was really loose....after looking into the service manual and tinkering with it for about 20 minutes i just could'nt figure out the drive belt configuration...the belt did not snap..my guess is it jumped a pulley , but i just cant figure which one...anybody have a good/clear pulley configuration picture or drawing?..thanks, JoeA :confuse:

#2 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted May 31, 2010 - 03:34 PM

I couldn't find a good picture, but the routing is really very simple. Starting from the back, the belt goes around the trans pulley, under the tentioner pulley, then there are two guide pulleys under the step and then around the engine pulley.

here is some of it....
http://www.mytractor...94&d=1227626031

and the rest...sort of...
http://www.mytractor...92&d=1227625745

#3 JoeA OFFLINE  

JoeA

• Member No: 431
  • 1 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted May 31, 2010 - 05:29 PM

hmmm, according to those great pictures my belt hasn't jumped a pulley?...now i'm really stumped...my problems began this morning after i mounted a push plow on the tractor..prior to that , the couple of times i drove it, the tractor appeared to drive just fine and then all of sudden the belt is too damn long. what i did notice is that the tension pulley, the pulley right after the transmission pulley, is'nt really applying any tension to the belt at all....is there any way to adjust that pulley so that it will apply some tension?..thanks for those great pictures tweidman

#4 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted May 31, 2010 - 07:33 PM

The tensioner pulley is sprung to apply even tension, even as the belt stretches. I wonder if the spring tensioner has slipper off the holder?