• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 divergreg OFFLINE  

divergreg

• Member No: 8177
  • 1 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 08:02 AM

Just wondering if anybody has experenced smke coming from there Kohler motor on their JD 210. I have it, but I cannot tell where it is coming from or why it happening. It is blueish grey in color. Recently there has been alot of it, the tractor still runs it just puts out alot of smoke.

I did get all the belts replaced on the tractor and everything works well with it.

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 03:55 PM

The usual source is of course the exhaust. What does it smell like? If it was a burning belt it would have a distinct odour. You could have a blown head gasket or some other internal problem. Give the engine a good once over and look for signs of oil leakage. Make sure your crankcase vent is not blocked.

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,241 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 06:52 PM

Also, check to see if the smoke is coming from the vent, if it is, you're possibly getting some blowby (need rings).

#4 divergreg OFFLINE  

divergreg

• Member No: 8177
  • 1 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted January 29, 2012 - 09:45 PM

Problem solved the Deere was out brush cutting once again! Drained the oil, put one and a half quarts of new and good to good, I think there was probably two plus quarts in it, so it was pressing pass the rings. I bought the thing for 225 and it has the wrong Dipstick, but will find a new original one, it is a kohler cast iron, it should be fine. Thanks for the help. Greg