• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 07:48 PM

Im making something so I can angle the blade one my power king without getting off. I want to use a cylinder and control valve I have from from a cub cadet. The lines on the current hydraulic system on the power king are bigger then the ones on the parts from the cub cadet. I don't know the exact sizes of the lines or how to measure them correctly, if it helps the fittings on the cub lines are 9/16 and I think the lines on the power king are 11/16. Will the smaller lines handle the pressure of the larger system? I don't know what pressure the current pump puts out but I will find out.

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,312 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 08:23 PM

As long as they are in correct pressure ratings, I think the only problem would be flow restriction. If the only thing it's doing is angling the blade, you should be OK... again:as long as the ratings are OK.
  • Ryan313 said thank you

#3 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,625 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 08:27 PM

If yours looks like this the brochure says 400psi ,without seeing what you have I still would guess almost any line would be strong enough , Al
power kingpump.jpg
  • Ryan313 said thank you

#4 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,511 Thanks
  • 5,029 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 08:27 PM

I just removed the lift cylinder from a Cub 149. I believe the they were 3/8" hoses. I'm running 2 cylinders on my Cub dumpster with this size hose and it is plenty fast.
  • Ryan313 said thank you

#5 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 08:40 PM

Thanks guys! I don't care about speed as much as I do about effectiveness. Mine is a 75 setup, its different them the one in the brochure. When I go to buy lines, do I get the rating that matches the system psi? Or do I get a line rated for higher psi so it wont rupture? Im dumbfounded when it comes to hydraulics. Lol.

#6 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,625 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 09:08 PM

Ok I'll try again , here's a 1977 brochure , 1000 psi, that should give you an idea when your getting hoses , just get ones with a higher rating ,Al
power king pump.jpg
  • Ryan313 said thank you

#7 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 09:12 PM

Yes, that sounds about right. I just looked on TSC and they have 3/8 hoses rated at 4000 psi.

#8 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 05:33 AM

You should be fine with a standard 2 wire hose, this is what the hose guys call it, it should have at least a 4000 psi rating for this hose, tough stuff!
You can use either 1/4"(#4 hose) or 3/8"(#6 hose) with out any issues. As for plumbing this new valve into your existing system, be sure the new valve is after your existing valve, and the in and out ports are plumbed with the same sized hoses as the in port on your existing valve.
  • Ryan313 said thank you

#9 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 06:40 AM

The ports on the system now are larger then the ports on the 'new' valve, do I need to change them with different ones?

#10 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,625 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 07:01 AM

If you get it together and your not happy with running the larger ported valve with the smaller one you could use on of these to seperate the valves , I did that when I hooked up the backhoe on my Ford 3400 , also on that I hooked up the outrigger valve after the 4 handle control valve and when you tried to use the outriggers the handles on the control valve " jumped" I beleive it was because I was using the return from the cntrol valve , the correct way is a " power beyond port" , like this one that you remove a plug and pick the flow for your second valve and the first still has it's own return , Al
https://www.surplusc...tname=hydraulic https://www.surplusc...tname=hydraulic
  • Ryan313 said thank you

#11 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 07:40 AM

The ports on the system now are larger then the ports on the 'new' valve, do I need to change them with different ones?

If possible, yes, you would change out the adapter fittings to the next larger size. What it may have on it now would be a (...) 6-4 what you need is a (...) 6-6 . The (...) Is brand specific.
Parker Fluid Connectors # designation would be as follows:6-4-F50X for what you have now , and you would need to get 6-6-F50X .:thumbs:
  • Ryan313 said thank you

#12 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 11:41 AM

Would the larger ports fit into the holes of the smaller ports? How is the port size determined? It would probably be easier if I went and measured them.

#13 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 11:51 AM

This is how the system is currently plumbed.
current hydraulic system.jpg

This is what I was going to do. Honestly, I have no idea if this is the correct way to do it or not. The red lines are the bigger hoses and the blue lines are the smaller hoses.

hydraulic system.jpg

#14 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 12:07 PM

This is how the system is currently plumbed.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28793[/ATTACH]

This is what I was going to do. Honestly, I have no idea if this is the correct way to do it or not. The red lines are the bigger hoses and the blue lines are the smaller hoses.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28794[/ATTACH]

Your diagram will not work. Will require Valve 1 to be a power-beyond valve. You could try to Series the 2 valve but valve one may leak a bit from the spool seal.
  • Ryan313 said thank you

#15 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 12:08 PM

Can't do it like that , you need to use the line returning to resivoure to power the second valve. Make sure this hose is a HP hose, not a lp hose, or you will have a mess very quickly, if not worse ! Then return from the out port on the new valve to tank.

I need more computer! My dumb phone just isn't equiped LOL.
If your existing valve has a "PB" on it, you must use it ! This will make things a bit tricky, because there is a lot of attention that needs to be minded.
So first look and see if it has the "PB" on it over a port.
  • Ryan313 said thank you