• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ohio pk OFFLINE  

ohio pk

• Member No: 8394
  • 9 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 02:22 AM

Hello everyone I just traded for an economy tractor. And I am trying to figure out what year and model it is. I do know what engine it has in it k321s. Any info would be helpful.. when I figure. Out how to post pics I have a few.

Edited by ohio pk, January 26, 2012 - 02:24 AM.
cant type

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 06:31 AM

ohio pk,welcome to the forum.Glad to have you with us.

I can't help you on you PK,but someone should be a long shortly.

#3 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 07:02 AM

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you join up. Pics will be very helpful to figuring it out.
You can find a lot of info on pic posting and such in here: http://gardentractor...ons-news-forum/

#4 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 07:37 AM

If you have a serial number google "power king serial numbers" and go to any of the first few sites. Find your serial number and that's your year! The year will most likely be on the grill or dash on a decal. If you don't have the serial number post some pics and we will go from there and hopefully we can get it down to only a few years. Welcome to the site!

#5 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 11:41 AM

Welcome to the forum, glad to have another PK owner here.:thumbs: When you get a chance let us know what you find out about your tractor, and we love pics!!

#6 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,443 Thanks
  • 6,609 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 11:44 AM

Welcome to GTtalk , good group of people here , Al

#7 Wendell Rider OFFLINE  

Wendell Rider

• Member No: 7835
  • 7 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 11:47 AM

Hi, nice to see someone else in southern Ohio. You'll love this place. Put yourself on the member map.

#8 ohio pk OFFLINE  

ohio pk

• 9 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 04:26 PM

just added some pictures of it and i hope this will help someone maybe have one similiar that has more knowledge of it. thanks agian and this is gonna be a fun forum i can see now.

#9 ohio pk OFFLINE  

ohio pk

• 9 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 04:27 PM

just put it on the map hope it shows up. and it is nice to see someone close to home.

#10 ohio pk OFFLINE  

ohio pk

• 9 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 04:29 PM

cant find a serial number but i have posted some pics. ben trying to check year by pictures only so far.

#11 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 05:22 PM

It looks to be a 68 or 69 to a 72. Im not sure when they switched from starter/generator to starter and a separate charging unit, you have a starter and rectifier. I think they switched in 68 or 69. Is the gas tank an L shape or a big thing over the entire engine? The engine is not original, i assume the original was the one on your trailer. The model is a 1614, 16 inch rear tires and 14 hp engine. There was one a decal on the dash that had the serial number on it, I see its missing in one of the pics. If you want to find the serial number, it SHOULD, I'm not saying it does, but it SHOULD have the number stamped into the frame under the body tunnel were your left foot goes. Its a nice tractor you have and it will do a lot for you!

Could you post some pics of the stuff on the trailer in this pic? It looks like you have another tranny behind the engine and that's worth a lot of money if its in working condition.
ohio pk economy tractor - Garden Tractor Talk Gallery
  • ohio pk said thank you

#12 Wendell Rider OFFLINE  

Wendell Rider

• Member No: 7835
  • 7 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 06:23 PM

Those are nice tractors, my brother has one just like it. I also noticed the spare parts on the trailer, and what's in the truck bed with those big A*# tires?
LOL!

#13 ohio pk OFFLINE  

ohio pk

• 9 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 10:21 PM

that in the truck is the wifes toy 250 polaris . she let me take it out since i got rid of mine.

#14 ohio pk OFFLINE  

ohio pk

• 9 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 10:24 PM

It looks to be a 68 or 69 to a 72. Im not sure when they switched from starter/generator to starter and a separate charging unit, you have a starter and rectifier. I think they switched in 68 or 69. Is the gas tank an L shape or a big thing over the entire engine? The engine is not original, i assume the original was the one on your trailer. The model is a 1614, 16 inch rear tires and 14 hp engine. There was one a decal on the dash that had the serial number on it, I see its missing in one of the pics. If you want to find the serial number, it SHOULD, I'm not saying it does, but it SHOULD have the number stamped into the frame under the body tunnel were your left foot goes. Its a nice tractor you have and it will do a lot for you!

Could you post some pics of the stuff on the trailer in this pic? It looks like you have another tranny behind the engine and that's worth a lot of money if its in working condition.
ohio pk economy tractor - Garden Tractor Talk Gallery

yes it came with another motor and a tranny. plow and disc 3 point hitch, metal seat and the mowing deck. the gas tank is a big one over the engine. not an L shaped one.

#15 fort apache OFFLINE  

fort apache

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7817
  • 15 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 09:17 AM

I had my transmission freshened out only a week or so ago. I looked into buying new one from Olympic gear. They cost about $980. But that's brand spanking new. Used transmissions are much less, if they can be found. Nice to have a spare. You have a nice tractor. That may be an original setup. I believe the engines were grey not orange, as the company did not usually paint components that came already painted by suppliers.

My tractor has had a "restoration" and somebody painted every thing orange but the starter generator.