• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BcKc OFFLINE  

BcKc

• Member No: 6490
  • 14 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 02:22 AM

Last week it started to snow a little bit =2", cooled off really fast and then here we go for snow..... gained 12" the next night! time to grab the snow blower and go play!!

WRONG
I looked over the snow blower I had picked up back in the spring, slipped my mind that it did not look "right":confuse:, sure enough I dig into it and find out the impeller is loose and bent:wallbanging::wallbanging:.
I spend the afternoon pulling apart the unit to repair the bends, that night another 6" of snow and still dry and cool. This is good news!!
For the next few days I end up working late with extra time at the job, and it still snows more and is dry!

Now you have to understand I live in what is known as "The wet coast", if its not raining its showers until the rain gets here; that is why I am happy that it is still dry with fluffy snow. Just what I want for snow blowing with limited HP (5hp gravely L2)

So I finnally get the impeller cleaned and straightish and ready for installation.

Thursday night we are at 25 degrees then to 42 degrees in four hours with now 38" of snow :mad2:........ here comes the rain.

I finally get started moving snow on saturday, it is now compressed to 20" and light like concrete........ I missed the window for powder.

Much to my shock the nice little blower wants to show off.... chewed up 16" deep sections and spit it out 35' away..... one of the best "concrete pumpers" I have run.

Now I just need to fix the tire chains so it can move on the ice/slush junk in the yard.

I hope you all have fun this winter! next snow fall I will grab a few pictures.

KC

#2 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 12:04 PM

Glad things finally came together. Post some pics of your machine if you get a chance.

#3 Handiman OFFLINE  

Handiman

• Member No: 7788
  • 13 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 04:35 PM

What's SNOW ?????
Pics Please!

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 04:47 PM

KC, it sounds like you have it sorted out and working well. You have more snow out west than we have on the east coast. We are getting snow tomorrow then rain and +8C. A little freezing rain and some ice pellets before the changeover just to make it interesting. The temp. swings have been pretty extreme this year. Tomorrow -8 going to +8 by evening. The weather seems a bit strange all over North America this year.

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,336 Thanks
  • 28,645 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 05:14 PM

Nice when things pleasantly surprise you, isnt it?

#6 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 06:48 PM

What's SNOW ?????

Pensacola FL. The only place I've been were you had to put rocks in your boots at night or the cockroaches would steel them :rofl2:
I loved the beaches and and the weather until it gets hot and humid. I still like the snow and I'm just like a kid when I look out the window and it's snowing. A blizzard is even better, especially if I know everyone is home safe.
Good thing there is some place for everyone.

#7 BcKc OFFLINE  

BcKc

• Member No: 6490
  • 14 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 01:38 AM

Yes it is nice to have things sorted out some, but like any project they are never done.

JDBrian, I could not agree more as I was speaking to a good friend in toronto and she said its warm and no snow in sight.

A trully strange weather year for anybody east of the rockies, not saying its been perfect here but we are still getting the normal temps and snow amounts then the rain takes it all away again :( I wish to would just stay for a few weeks, once its dirty it can melt and leave.

Daytime Dave I will put up some pictures of the unit with the snow blower on it, the only problem is the snow packed up and headed for Handiman's house :rofl2:
Handiman if you want snow like I get just hit up your local fuel station and grab a "slurpy" or slush drink put in a small amount of banana flavor, look at it and then toss it out as the image just killed any chance of you eating it!

Take care
KC

#8 Handiman OFFLINE  

Handiman

• Member No: 7788
  • 13 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 08:31 AM

Snow is a rare event here. For the month the temperature has been above 70° already for 15 days so far. We get snow maybe every 5 years.
As for the cockroaches we call them Palmetto Bugs (from a native bush ). They are about 3" long. At night with a porch light on they fly to your back or head and ride in. We don't kill them, just catch and put back out. When I was a kid we played with them and had most named.

Ted

#9 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 09:53 AM

As for the cockroaches we call them Palmetto Bugs

What ever they were, they were BIG.