Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

I want to build a front loader for my GT!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gapper OFFLINE  

gapper

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2232
  • 5 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted January 25, 2012 - 08:20 PM

I would like to know if anyone has a good detailed set of build prints with parts needed and instructions? I know some of you have already done this and should have some very good advise. I would buy one that is done but finding one and then getting it is not very easy. Seems the few i do find for sale are so far away from me it would cost me more in fuel to get it than i would be paying. I found a web site that has plans for a price. I would rather spend all money on the parts i will need. Thanks for the help.

#2 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,478 Thanks
  • 5,010 posts

Posted January 25, 2012 - 08:52 PM

Sounds like an interesting project. I don't have plans but I would like to wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

#3 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 09:02 PM

Hello Gapper
There was a discusssion recently on the Massey Ferguson forum with some diagrams and suggestions for bucket size, cylinder size and pressure settings.
http://gardentractor...er-build-11620/

Good Luck

#4 gapper OFFLINE  

gapper

• Contributor
  • 5 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 12:00 PM

Thanks for the heads up about the MF forum i will take a look. I hope to be able to do something soon. I have a compact tractor with a loader that i might try to use as a templet just scale it down to fit a GT.

#5 woopud OFFLINE  

woopud

• Member No: 8500
  • 73 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hi, I just joined this forum today and have the same plan as you do for my tractor Kgro (AYP GT4318), I just found some plans that someone posted on this forum, if you want I can email them to you?

Bert

#6 timtractor OFFLINE  

timtractor

• Contributor
  • Member No: 4824
  • 224 Thanks
  • 376 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 10:19 AM

:wave: Hi gapper. I was wondering what type of GT are you going to install the loader on.

I have a Allis Chalmers B12 that has a hydraulic front loader on it. I also have the manuals for both models of the Allis loder for this tractor. (L-10 and L-12)

The difference between the two models is the L-10 has a trip bucket and the L-12 has the hydraulic bucket.

Here is what my loader looks like.

100_0069.jpg

#7 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,478 Thanks
  • 5,010 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 10:29 AM

That's a nice looking B12. The tiller loader combination makes a sharp looking package.
  • timtractor said thank you

#8 timtractor OFFLINE  

timtractor

• Contributor
  • Member No: 4824
  • 224 Thanks
  • 376 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 10:42 AM

I had it set up that way for the show in Huron, South Dakota, they featured Allis that year.

On the back end when I use the loader I have to use the rear rock box attachment.

It said in the book for to balance the tractor out you have to put 300 pound of weight in the rear box. It is an attachment that comes with the loader new.

It also said the loader was intended to only lift 300 pounds.

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,405 Thanks
  • 39,661 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 11:37 AM

Nice, Tim. Looks real good on there.

#10 gapper OFFLINE  

gapper

• Contributor
  • 5 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:48 PM

Tim, I am thinking of putting a loader on my charger 10 or my B-100 Both are hyrdo drive and i think will have the power to run the loader. Woopud,(Bert) You can email the plans you found to me. I am going to try and start finding raw steel for my build. I have a loader on my Mitsubishi MT180D 4wd compact. I might try to scale down the size to fit my tractors. The Mitsubishi is a great tractor but i want somethig a little smaller so it will not be so heavy to hawl around and will do less damage to yards i might need to run over.