Craftsman Brochures or Sears Catalog pages

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ijnfleetadmiral OFFLINE  

• Member No: 7547
  • 1 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted January 25, 2012 - 07:02 PM

First off, let me introduce myself. Name's Matt, originally from Houston, TX, but I currently live in Corinth, MS. I've been a fan of Craftsman lawnmowers since I was three years old.

And now my question: anyone got old Craftsman sales brochures or Sears Catalog pages from 1984-1993 (when they stopped producing the Big Book) that they'd be willing to scan? Let me elaborate as to why I'm asking this.

Back in 1987, at the age of three, I started going to Sears and sitting on the riding mowers (How many other members did this when they were kids? Come on, admit it!:smile1:). It was also the same year I found out that each year Sears put out yearly pamphlets that showcased their various lawnmower and tractor models for that year. I started collecting them that year and I haven't stopped since. The only issue I'm missing is the 1991 tiller and 1996 walk-behind mower pamphlets. I still have all the others. I also have the 1991 and 1992 Lawn & Garden Catalogs.

So if anyone has some old catalog pages they'd be willing to scan, or simply has some old Sears catalogs from 1984 onwards (preferably Spring & Summer or the Lawn & Garden catalogs) that they wanna get rid of, don't hesitate to let me know.

Best to all from a fellow Craftsman fan,

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,669 Thanks
  • 28,318 posts

Posted January 25, 2012 - 07:08 PM

Matt, thanks for the intro & that's a cool collection you've got going there.

As for sitting on the tractors... Every chance I got.

I don't think I have anything up at my parents, (used to press leaves in the old Big Books) but maybe up in the attic. I'll see if we have any left.

If you'd want to share any of them with other members, we'd love to see them in the manuals area. There's an area for brochures, etc already there.

#3 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,647 Thanks
  • 8,523 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 12:06 PM

Hi Matt, Welcome to GTTAlk. Sorry I can't help you, I've never been that type collector. Hopefully someone will be along to help you out.

#4 caseguy OFFLINE  

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 05:22 PM

:wave: ijnfleetadmiral. Welcome to GTTalk Matt! I can't help with your search, but I thought it was interesting that you started sitting on the tractors at sears in 1987...that's the same year that I started working there! I used to work in the lawn and garden department and I remember throwing tons of that sort of thing away. (sorry) Best of luck finding the ones you need.

#5 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 05:30 PM

Matt,welcome to the forum.Glad to have you with us.

#6 VaridriveGT14 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4455
  • 1 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted April 07, 2012 - 06:08 PM

Fondly rememebr in the early 70s while my mom and grandmother shopped, playing on the lawn tractors at Sears with my grandpa. at the Sears in Oak Brook IL and in Addison IL on Army Trail Road! Always loves those Sears tractors.. now my wife and I have been living on 2 acres i actually have the chance to own one!!! the bug never died in me! wish i would have been collecting the sales brochures myself. i can remember all teh great things they had there as a kid! thanks for sharing your story!