5 replies to this topic

#1 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted January 25, 2012 - 05:25 PM

I was woundering what size belts u guys use on ur panzers. I lave a 30in and it slipps way to much.

#2 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,597 Thanks
  • 3,906 posts

Posted January 25, 2012 - 11:36 PM

http://gardentractor...er-belts-10971/

#3 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 08:06 AM

One big advantage of the 1107/1110 over some previous models was that there is a way to do some adjustment. The downside is that it can be a little trial and error figuring out how to balance belt tension with engaging reverse etc.

On your drive lever if you look down at that diagonally cut slot/plate where the drive lever pushes the drive shaft.... there are 2 bolts - one on either end of the diagonal slot. If you loosen those 2 (don't remove). You will find that you have all kind of adjustment available to you.

Be careful, though. If you just slide it all the way over to get maximum tension, there's no way you'll be able to get it to lock in forward. Or you could have problems then engaging reverse. Also, is the shaft which is inside that diagonal slot worn badly - or are the edges of the slot worn badly? If so, you can still get some relief by adjusting, but it makes it a lot harder. That shaft I mention was worn pretty badly on mine. So what i did was take it apart and re-face the shaft and the edges of the slot with a welder and grinder.

If you find that wear is bad and don't have the tools to do it, take it all apart and I can do it sometime. If you brought just the drive lever and the 2 plates which make up that diagonal slot, I could prolly re-face them in about 20 min.
  • Bolens 1000 said thank you

#4 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 08:42 PM

I know for a fact that the edges of the slot are worn badly. It is adjusted as far as it can go. So it might just be worn out

#5 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 09:49 PM

That's strange that you say 30 inch. Everything I'm seeing including the panzer tractor site is saying 34inch. Even online, Gates #6934 is listed as the belt for it.

#6 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 07:18 PM

ya i tried a 34 if was way to big. so i put a 30in on it. Im goin to post some pics of the belt and stuff and see if anyone can figure it out