• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted February 07, 2012 - 06:45 AM

Cool way you colored your tractor, flagtrax. What did you use for that? Since you're wife is from West (by God) Virginia, I think you know how to handle Casey.

#17 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted February 07, 2012 - 07:23 AM

I am a lot to take on Kenny, mabey he needs to hone his skills on less suspecting targets first lol.

#18 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted February 07, 2012 - 07:31 AM

:bigrofl: :bigrofl: :bigrofl:

#19 flagtrax OFFLINE  

flagtrax

• Member No: 8379
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 11:23 AM

Hey all, the colors are created on the photo using adobe photoshop. I taught it while teaching computer classes at a CC a few years ago when living in Fla. It's not the cheapest graphics program out there but there are variants, and a free version clone "GIMP". Check it out if you have an artistic side. As far as the tractor goes, this started out as a joke. I have one neighbor who is a (shudder) Cubs fan, and another a Cardinals fan. (AZ is a lot like Fla; everyone is from somewhere, the only "natives" are the Navajo.) Anyway, I thought I'd have some fun with them, emailing the doctored photo. Then I figured you guy's would get a kick out of it too. I don't have to worry about Casey, I'll let the "Mountaineer" deal with that :bigrofl:. The tractor colors were being worked out, when "she who must be obeyed" decided that's the way she wants it. I wanted to paint it orange and call it the "Kubota wannabe". During the lessor cold spells (I swear my garage is 20 deg colder than outside) I put together a receiver hitch to attach to the sleave hitch, and found a 1600 lb cart on the local craigslist. I have a swisher trail mower I pulled around the place ( no need for finish mowing out here) and have a fabricated "water wagon" for her to pull around and water trees, hence the need to switch hitch types. I guess I could have made them all the same, but I built a drawbar for the Kubota a while ago with a receiver, and just followed that path. As it warms up progress should get better, and right now my attention has been diverted to 2 generators I picked up and are working on. You guys are a lot of fun and inspiration so I hope I have something worth contributing to the forum. Cheers.

#20 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 11:30 AM

Thanks for the info on the coloring. Sounds like your hitch will work great for you. Any contribution is good, as someone will be happy to see what your working on. We're a pretty diverse bunch and always looking for something to comment on.