32 replies to this topic

#16 Sergeant OFFLINE  

Sergeant

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4149
  • 44 Thanks
  • 135 posts

Posted January 30, 2012 - 01:13 AM

The Rear PTO for the 455 is about $800.00 new at a Deere dealer But If You are Looking for Used I would Check with this JD Bone Yard
TractorSalesAndParts.com - Hundreds of Used Tractors & Parts! its Just across the The state from you in NW Indiana But when dealing with PTO Kits Some times its Better to Go New If You Can But as others Have stated The Ruegg Hitch is One of the Best after Market Hitches Out there and They even Make a Limited Cat 1 3point as well. The standard Hitch for the 425 thru 455 was a Cat 0 3point Hitch What is Nice with a Limited Cat 1 which Owners Like Myself learned with the Newer X465 thru X495 it really Opens the market for 3point equipment as Far as Price. New Cat 1 Implements have always Cost less than New Cat 0 Implements Some Other attachments You Might want to consider for Your 455
http://www.or-bilt.com/49series.html
http://www.compacttractorandcomponents.com/john_deere%204150%20fel.htm
http://www.johnnyproducts.com/J_Bucket_HTMs/JBpage_Sr_John_Deere_300-400.htm
http://www.alzwelding.com/product.html
and Here is the Ruegg link as well
http://rueggmfg.com/hitchkits.htm
and Welcome :thumbs:
  • Misterbear said thank you

#17 Endo OFFLINE  

Endo

• Member No: 8340
  • 13 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted January 30, 2012 - 11:14 AM

Wow. That was a lot of really good information. Thank you. I'm glad you told me about the limited cat1 3point. I will be ordering something soon.

And went thru the hydraulic selector valve this weekend. All cleaned, new o-rings, and a freshly jb welded cap. Hopefully this will stop my cylinder creep. The mower will lower on its own over about a 5-minute period. Hoping I don't have to replace the cylinder as it doesn't look like it can be rebuilt. Didn't get the mower back on to try as I moved on to another project on it that has been bothering me. It does not like to start in the cold!! Checked the glow plugs and seem to be getting 12-volts to the plugs but no amperage draw. Even went as far as taking off the wire and trying to get a spark on the plug lead...nothing. Also checked resistance on plugs and it shows open circuit? Is it possible for all three plugs are bad?

#18 Tmo OFFLINE  

Tmo

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2023
  • 356 Thanks
  • 486 posts

Posted January 30, 2012 - 12:48 PM

On the first page of this thread I linked you to Ruegg Manufacturing also. A good product.

#19 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted January 30, 2012 - 05:06 PM

Wow. That was a lot of really good information. Thank you. I'm glad you told me about the limited cat1 3point. I will be ordering something soon.

And went thru the hydraulic selector valve this weekend. All cleaned, new o-rings, and a freshly jb welded cap. Hopefully this will stop my cylinder creep. The mower will lower on its own over about a 5-minute period. Hoping I don't have to replace the cylinder as it doesn't look like it can be rebuilt. Didn't get the mower back on to try as I moved on to another project on it that has been bothering me. It does not like to start in the cold!! Checked the glow plugs and seem to be getting 12-volts to the plugs but no amperage draw. Even went as far as taking off the wire and trying to get a spark on the plug lead...nothing. Also checked resistance on plugs and it shows open circuit? Is it possible for all three plugs are bad?

Make sure you are getting a good contact with the chassis when checking the resistance. It certainly is possible for all 3 to be gone. Yanmars usually fire right up when cold. You are right about the cylinder. They are welded so not serviceable without a lot of work.

#20 Endo OFFLINE  

Endo

• 13 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted January 30, 2012 - 06:29 PM

Yep. Confirmed ground and then pulled the glow plugs. Even straight to the battery no heat. So glad I ordered some. Found a link on another website and found them for around 8 bucks apiece. Couldn't resist for the piece of mind. Problem now is, if that works, what else do I have to do? This critter might be done as far as wrenching. Might have to find another project?

#21 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted January 30, 2012 - 07:53 PM

If the glow plugs are only 8$ then it makes sense to replace them. I know the Yanmars are popular engines in marine applications up here so there are probably other suppliers for parts than JD. You could always do a frame up restoration to make it look like new! That would keep you busy for awhile. LOL

#22 Endo OFFLINE  

Endo

• 13 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted January 30, 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hmmm.....tempting but not my style. Never built a trailer princess. Like to use what I build. And just got an email saying the glow plugs will be here tomorrow. If they are the right ones I will post the ngk equivalent.

#23 Sergeant OFFLINE  

Sergeant

Tractorholic

• 44 Thanks
  • 135 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 01:30 AM

On the first page of this thread I linked you to Ruegg Manufacturing also. A good product.

Sorry Terry It the way Links appear sometimes It didn't Look Like You posted it to Me:thumbs:

#24 Tmo OFFLINE  

Tmo

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2023
  • 356 Thanks
  • 486 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 07:11 AM

Sorry Terry It the way Links appear sometimes It didn't Look Like You posted it to Me:thumbs:

I probably should have hit "Enter" before posting the link - the hot links here are hard to distinguished from the normal text as it's almost the same color.

#25 Misterbear OFFLINE  

Misterbear

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7904
  • 5 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 08:07 PM

I'd sure like to have that loader!

#26 Sergeant OFFLINE  

Sergeant

Tractorholic

• 44 Thanks
  • 135 posts

Posted February 01, 2012 - 06:29 PM

I'd sure like to have that loader!

What loader are You talking about I have a OEM loader Myself which is a 45 loader. When I Had a 425 again I had the OEM 40Loader. But Probably the Best aftermarket Loader for the 455 is the CTC 4150 Loader since Kwik-way is No Longer Producing a Loaders for the 425 thru 455:thumbs:

#27 Misterbear OFFLINE  

Misterbear

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7904
  • 5 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 05:02 PM

What loader are You talking about I have a OEM loader Myself which is a 45 loader. When I Had a 425 again I had the OEM 40Loader. But Probably the Best aftermarket Loader for the 455 is the CTC 4150 Loader since Kwik-way is No Longer Producing a Loaders for the 425 thru 455:thumbs:

I was thinking the one from O'Reilly Manufacturing the #49. I do have AWS and not sure if that would be a problem.

#28 Sergeant OFFLINE  

Sergeant

Tractorholic

• 44 Thanks
  • 135 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 06:57 PM

I was thinking the one from O'Reilly Manufacturing the #49. I do have AWS and not sure if that would be a problem.

The Or-Bilt would Be fine on Your AWS 455 Kwik-way actually Built a full fledged Loader for the 425 thru 455AWS models as Long as You don't turn at a High Rate of speed. You will be fine using a Loader On a AWS Model. Here is a X700 series AWS with a OEM 45loader Posted Image a Member On another forum Did this to His X729. The Idea originally Came from a X485AWS with a 45loader:thumbs:
  • JDBrian and Misterbear have said thanks

#29 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted February 05, 2012 - 07:58 AM

Sergeant, perhaps you could answer a question for me. I have always wondered why the 45 loader has the extensions from the mast and the cross bar above the hood. Is it an attempt to provide a ROPS of sorts? The crossbar would also stiffen the loader a bit. I almost bought one of those for my 475. The dealer offered it to me at cost 3500 Can. This was at a time when the Canadian $ was low and the retail was 5K for that loader. I thought hard about it but decided to go to a larger tractor instead. Those AWS are truly amazing. I got to try one owned by a friend and the maneuverability is hard to describe. Overall I was very impressed with his x748.

#30 Sergeant OFFLINE  

Sergeant

Tractorholic

• 44 Thanks
  • 135 posts

Posted February 06, 2012 - 04:41 AM

Sergeant, perhaps you could answer a question for me. I have always wondered why the 45 loader has the extensions from the mast and the cross bar above the hood. Is it an attempt to provide a ROPS of sorts? The crossbar would also stiffen the loader a bit. I almost bought one of those for my 475. The dealer offered it to me at cost 3500 Can. This was at a time when the Canadian $ was low and the retail was 5K for that loader. I thought hard about it but decided to go to a larger tractor instead. Those AWS are truly amazing. I got to try one owned by a friend and the maneuverability is hard to describe. Overall I was very impressed with his x748.

Yes they do act Like ROPS to a Point My Younger Brother Run a Service and Parts Dept. for a John Deere dealer He was testing something on a X495 with a 45 Loader and of the side of the Parking lot is a dry drainage pond and he Caught the tractors Just right and it Tipped Over side ways down the embankment and those arms that stick up saved the tractor from rolling over. It More or less saved his Life. So when I hear People complaining about the goal posts that stick up and they want to cut them off Well it's there funeral or there Broken neck there risking Because those Post do Provide some ROPS capability That is why they are there

Edited by Sergeant, February 06, 2012 - 10:51 AM.