Garden Tractor Forums banner

Sears Kinda Weekend. Update

6K views 41 replies 14 participants last post by  MH81 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
On my only day off this week, I managed to get the van hooked to the trailer, the B10 that I had saved/rescued into it & went on a road trip. I have a friend who I know is into AC & he knows I am into Sears. He called me up & said he had a sad looking Suburban 10 with a worn out tiller and a 3 point...

Ive been wanting a tiller for a while for my Sears, but couldn't justify it.

When I got there, all was as advertised. Sears had the engine out and there is no spark module left on it, starter is missing too, but the grill is mostly intact & the engine has compression.
Grille Automotive lighting Headlamp Automotive exterior Gas

The tiller has been used! Bad engine (sounds like a rod) and the tines... what tines?
Wood Grass Twig Tints and shades Soil

On the upside, tied to the tiller was a new set of tines. Bonus!

Left Jeff's house with my stuff and headed to Caseguy's house to pick up the goodies he brought back from his visit with Bob (BHTS).

I needed a belt cover and I wanted a toolbox

Manhole cover Water Automotive tire Road surface Manhole

I also bought from him a Mystery Piece.

I know it's a tote box for a Sears ? but what I cant figure is what it goes on or how it attaches. The number is very readable, but Sears has no records of it that I can find. 235.264260

Wood Chair Grass Tints and shades Gas

have any ideas?

Special thanks to Steve and Bob for their help in my owning these items.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey Alan, is it an HH100 Tchumseh? I still have a parts HH100 off of the G10 I parted if you need something off it. Also, if you want a couple of 5 hp briggs engines to make into a good working one for the tiller I can spare a couple. Let me know, I will give you a good price on them, unless you have something you want to trade me... hint hint lol.

#4 ·
Nice load of goodies you have there. Looks like good thread material to me.

#14 ·
Gtractor said:
I'm guessing the tote box has weird mounts because it bolts directly to the tractor frame back along the sides so as to not interfere with the mule drive.
:confuse:
Very neat find - I never seen one! :worshippy1:
Thank Bob, he saved it. I just knew it needed a home.

If I have to, I'll make a new mount without altering the original and use it on the SS12. I'm starting to think this may have been for the Custom series.

#23 ·
I just got an answer back from Sears regarding the Tote.

We no longer have any information on the model number you provided. I do know that this tote bolts onto the front of the Suburban tractors (from the early/mid 70's). From what I can remember, the arms will go above the axle down the sides of the chassis and bolt to the frame.
I wish I had more information on this but I'm afraid we just don't have much on these older obscure items.
Thank you for using Manage My Life!
I don't think this is for a Suburban, the width is all wrong. It may still be for the Custom series, won't know till I get back in to one & take a couple of measurements.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.