25 replies to this topic

#16 nbent OFFLINE  

nbent

customizer

• Member No: 8320
  • 628 Thanks
  • 520 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 12:35 AM

well got the pump mounted took some time and energy found out that it takes A LOT of power to run it and the electric clutch on the front doesn't engage well either :wallbanging: so i am thinking a bout taking off the clutch and just running a pulley in stead. I will do some testing tomorrow to see if the engine will start with it engaged all the time, if not i might keep the clutch for now, or maybe consider a re-power again.

#17 nbent OFFLINE  

nbent

customizer

• 628 Thanks
  • 520 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 10:10 PM

got every thing hocked up and functioning and found out I need a bigger engine it will run the pump but only without a load if you put any kind of load on it kills the engine. i am looking for a bigger engine, My neighbor has an continental straight six, a different neighbor has an engine from an old international tractor. right now it is only the budget that is limiting the options. Oh and I came up with a name for it to it is going to be called frank, short for Frankenstein.

Attached Thumbnails

• 011 - Copy.JPG
  • 012 - Copy.JPG
  • 013 - Copy.JPG
  • 014 - Copy.JPG
  • 015 - Copy.JPG
  • 016 - Copy.JPG

Edited by nbent, November 28, 2012 - 10:11 PM.

#18 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hmm is your valve a Closed center or Open center if its closed it will near Stall then engine to build pressure ! If i were you i would do a Diesel re-power I am stuffing a kubota Z482 in a bolens 1256 :) Did you ever think of running the Blower off the Rear PTO ? there Should be a Stub shaft under the seat that a electric clutch mouths on
Cheers
Ty
  • jdslednut said thank you

#19 nbent OFFLINE  

nbent

customizer

• 628 Thanks
  • 520 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 12:44 AM

i did think about running it off of the pto, but it would turn the wrong way. also i would like to use the hydraulics to run other things such as a dump cart with a hydraulic lift.

#20 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,624 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 06:57 AM

Just wondering when you say " load " to you mean moving the control handle all the way , sorry I'm not good at explaining things but could a return port be blocked ( plugged ), some valves are set up for " power beyond" one port going to " tank' and the other to a different valve . I goofed up hooking one up once , Al

#21 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,624 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 08:49 AM

Just thought of something else , I've had problems with those quick couplers too , could there be a flow restriction in one of those or maybe a bad hose too , , ? Al

#22 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 02:00 PM

i did think about running it off of the pto, but it would turn the wrong way. also i would like to use the hydraulics to run other things such as a dump cart with a hydraulic lift.

Your 318 Does not have rear Hyd ?

#23 nbent OFFLINE  

nbent

customizer

• 628 Thanks
  • 520 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 12:37 AM

okay by load i mean i have a motor hocked up and when i go to engage it it will kill the engine, even when it is wide open. the motor will turn a little but only if you barley push or pull the lever, the motor will turn both ways. the 318 has a ram in the rear to lift the deck and such, but no hydraulic outlets to use.

on the rear hyd outlet it doesn't have one as of now. but with the way i mounted the control levers i can use them instead

Edited by nbent, December 12, 2012 - 01:40 AM.

#24 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,624 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 06:52 AM

If I'm understanding you correctly I would try taking off the two hoses that are going to the motor and hooking them together to see if still stalls the engine when operating the controls , it shouldn't , Al

#25 nbent OFFLINE  

nbent

customizer

• 628 Thanks
  • 520 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 08:21 PM

sorry haven't been on for a while, i hooked up the two hoses together it will stil kill the engine, i used a pressure guage and it was only pumping about 700 psi through the system. 

today i was able to get a continental f 209 straight six to put in the tractor. i have looked it over good a few things it will need are a magneto or distributor, flywheel adapter, possibly a starter, and sea foam 

#26 nbent OFFLINE  

nbent

customizer

• 628 Thanks
  • 520 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 09:11 PM

well i started a new topicfor the engine it is 318 continental repower