• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,237 Thanks
  • 28,598 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 09:26 PM

I got a lead on a Pennsylvania tractor. He swears it was before they added the "panzer" name. I have no pics, no s/n, no info at all beyond what I just posted above.
Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 09:45 PM

I thought there may have been a few Pennsylvania ride on lawnmowers prior to the merger with Copar. But the little tractors with the chrysler rear-ends came from Copar and they would have all been Panzers up until they quit making them. All except the Meteor models which is often associated with their experimenting with a hydrostat. However.... there was some years where Pennsylvania was cast on the grill and the Panzer was left off. I believe that was when they were switching over to the "Meteor" name. If it's one of those, then it's still good.. and likely a T75x model. Good model. The whole "meteor" thing was all about the name and it really didn't change anything about the tractors. They gave up the experiment when the expensive hydrostat didn't sell and went back to Panzer. Throw a pic up there and someone will get it right off.
  • MH81 said thank you

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,237 Thanks
  • 28,598 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 09:48 PM

When I get a chance to get one, I sure will. A PA Hydro sounds like a nice ride.

#4 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 10:01 PM

When I get a chance to get one, I sure will. A PA Hydro sounds like a nice ride.

Sure. Guess all I'm saying is to be careful if your looking for a PA garden tractor you may end up with a PA riding mower instead. Can't find any examples because I think the term "Pennsylvania Lawnmower" is too general. But I did find this old Pennsylvania ad. This would have been long before the merger with copar panzer or even the panzer existing.
http://www.la84found...1926/gi256b.pdf

#5 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 10:23 PM

If its a blue tractor with just Pennsylvania on the grill, it is one of the later models. It started with Copar panzer in a single wheel, then Copar panzer in a 4 wheel, They sswitched from red to blue in about 1959. The first ones after the Copar buyout had Pennsylvania across the top and Panzer vertical. Eventually they dropped the panzer from the grill. The Meteor didn't use a cast grill.