Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Finally working on an overdue project, cleaning up my shop.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 caseguy OFFLINE  

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted January 24, 2012 - 06:48 PM

It never fails that I get the shop cleaned out and then I find a deal that I just can't pass up...then there's one more thing in there to gather junk on and around LOL!

#17 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted January 24, 2012 - 07:30 PM

Sounds like you were having fun, Casey. It is always nice to get things cleaned up. My shop is a mess at the moment and I have been distracted with my truck. Anyone want a Wisconsin engine for parts? It is taking up my work bench.

#18 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 09:54 AM

Yesterday was a great day in the shop, and I have to say what happened a little bit. Dad and I worked on installing a pegboard in my shop above where my workbench is to sit. After that Dad worked on the metal top of my workbench that has been waiting for cleaning and painting for at least a year and a half while I worked in my shop getting it whipped into shape and moved tools onto the new pegboard. After that I just puttered, and then sorted out a few tools I had gotten places that I forgot about... and found about a dozen Craftsman screwdrivers, half of which need to be replaced, then those will be added to the second set of basic tools that will cover 2/3s of the shop. I have a very complete setup in the work room of the shop, but got another mechanics tool box, so decided it beats walking, especially since I have enough tools stored away to possibly fill it.

For today we hope to get the workbench bolted to the legs (already in the shop over a year) and Dad will work on cleaning and painting the 5 inch vise that is to be mounted on the bench. I am going to continue to piddle with tools and organization. One room looks excellent right now except for the shelf I need to reorganize. The work room is still very cluttered as I try to get tools back where they go. I have a middle room that is still a little distraught about the shelving organization, so going to have to get it looking better. My current goal is to get it into a workable condition by the end of the weekend. With the new job I want to have a shop I can use and be proud of again. Just ask Ed (lbuhler) and he will attest to the fact that my shop (renovated old house lol) was unorganized, looked like a tornado had hit it, and that's being on the bright side lol. Ed, you will have to come back, I am accumulating a pile of stuff to pawn off on you LOL.

#19 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 02:33 PM

Love this subject-I chuckled at EVERY comment because for every effort to organize, I seem more DIS-organized. Clutter-clutter-clutter 'til I get so angry with myself, I dig in, put stuff where it belongs and its starts all over again.

After reading this just now, I went back to the shop and counted 8 Major current projects, 3, get- done- today projects, 2 personal I'd really-like-to-have projects and a couple of I- really-should-fix-this-projects. Tools strung amongst all of them and each taking up valuable space for a new project I'm considering.:wallbanging::bigrofl::wallbanging:

#20 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 03:22 PM

:wewantpics::wewantvideo: This winter with the lack of snow please someone throw some pics or video's.We need some kind of GT stimulation!!:wallbanging:

#21 johnboggs21 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4084
  • 18 Thanks
  • 184 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 04:36 PM

so what your saying is thiers no more little tool piles/mounds in your shop anymore? LOL