• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 whjoel OFFLINE  

whjoel

• Member No: 7307
  • 7 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 05:32 AM

Im trying to help a buddy of mine figure out his snowblower on his sears. Tried to download the manual, but that worked as well as his snowblower does at the moment. Not at all. Haha Then i tried a second time and still no go. Being a newbie on here now i will be looking elsewhere for today but may be back tomorrow to try again.
Joel

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 05:37 AM

Which manual is it? You may have to be above 10 posts to get it.

#3 whjoel OFFLINE  

whjoel

• Member No: 7307
  • 7 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 06:50 PM

It would allow the download but it didnt download the manual, i tried it twice and wasnt allowed to try again afterwards.
Joel

#4 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 07:17 PM

If I knew which one, I could give it a try.

#5 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 08:07 PM

It would allow the download but it didnt download the manual, i tried it twice and wasnt allowed to try again afterwards.
Joel

Interesting, I've had similar results. I've tried all weekend to download the T70 Panzer parts manual and it has each time told me I'm downloading too fast and must wait ~ 55 to 58 seconds before downloading again? (even on a first attempt). so, I'd wait a day and try again a couple times...Maybe I'm too new here as well. Not a biggy to me, I still love the site even if I don't ever get the T70 parts manual. I'm pretty sure I have a T75, but I thought the 70 would be similar enough to help me out.

#6 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 08:17 PM

We are having issues with the manuals section of the site. Some of it is user's computer setup but some of it is the software itself that runs the manuals section. We are working on new site software and it will be ready here in a couple weeks.

There are a couple of things you can check when trying to download and that is to make sure the browser is set to ask where to save downloads everytime so you know where it is saving to. Always save the file, don't open if a pop up box comes up.

In the meantime if those don't work if you post in the looking for manuals thread, I believe it is a sticky and post that you are having issues someone should be able to help out.

#7 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 08:20 PM

jpackard56, If you could give us the manual # I would downloads and send it over.

Regards.........Ducky

#8 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted January 24, 2012 - 06:45 AM

jpackard56, If you could give us the manual # I would downloads and send it over.

Regards.........Ducky

Thanks for the info. I figured something was up with the "magic boxes and their electrons"...Anyway Jim Haynes from Dandy Sales, Inc. is sending me the manual I need for this one. Doing the GT supporter thing this morning, thanks for having me, I'm loving the site !!
  • MH81 said thank you

#9 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted January 24, 2012 - 06:53 AM

Glad things are working out. I'll try downloading that manual. And Thanks for becoming a supporter.

Don't know what the problem is. It downloaded fine for me. Just out of curiosity, do you have a windows computer or Mac? What internet connection are you on?

Edited by KennyP, January 24, 2012 - 07:01 AM.

#10 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted January 24, 2012 - 07:45 AM

Glad things are working out. I'll try downloading that manual. And Thanks for becoming a supporter.

Don't know what the problem is. It downloaded fine for me. Just out of curiosity, do you have a windows computer or Mac? What internet connection are you on?

Windows computer (IBM clone) was using Mozilla connection. A couple other times I just got pages of code. Thanks for all your work on "keep'en things a going".

#11 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted January 24, 2012 - 08:11 AM

The pages of code is one of the issues. It happens when your browser tries to open it directly, somehow the browser is adding an hml extension to the file.

If you save it then remove the hml extension, then open with your reader, all is well.

On my computer, this was caused by a setting in chrome where it was set to open downloaders in browser window. I did away with that, and it started working right.

#12 lee231 OFFLINE  

lee231

• Member No: 514
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 08:08 PM

I just downloaded the Kohler CV manual and it worked fine for me. Thanks by the way.

#13 mj1015 OFFLINE  

mj1015

• Member No: 8476
  • 7 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted February 01, 2012 - 12:43 PM

I think you all are doing a great job with the manuals I am very happy with the Amigo info we have found if anyone has any more history or info on Amigos that would be great as my daughter wants as much history as she can find for the local Steam and Tractor show in August. Good job :) mj