wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 10:03 PM

Ok, this will make most of you laugh, but it is a valid idea lol. I have an EZ-GO golf cart front axle and 16x6.50-8 GT 4 bolt rims and tires that when put on the EZ-GO axle backwards only widen the front tracking width on the Caterpillar by only 2 inches, so perfect fit. The EZ-GO axle used to be mounted on half leafs with shock absorbers on the golf cart, and the leaf spring mounts line up perfect for leaf springs on the Caterpillar, but should I go with a 3-link setup instead? Either way I will have to have springs, shocks, or air bags. The air bags are a slim chance, but I have a pair of mismatched shock absorbers that could work if I go with half leafs. Or I just use cut down coil springs and make a 3-link setup on the front of the Caterpillar. Any ideas, or do you all think I have gone crazy now?? LOL

#2 n3pht OFFLINE  

n3pht

• Member No: 3900
  • 21 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 10:35 PM

Are you looking for articulation (flex) or a soft ride ?
I vote for a 3 link but I'm bias because I also build rock crawling 4x4's

#3 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 11:25 PM

Was looking the articulation, and know 3 link is better for that, but tougher. And after thinking some of my thoughts through... and being reminded of furrow exits... I think I need to maintain a stock tractor like pivot... or I will be asking for trouble. Have another idea, just have to think it through some.