Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

MTD Sleeve hitch, who has one, and on what tractor?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 19, 2012 - 10:26 PM

This is a curiosity to me and it may be a helpful thread to many people thinking about getting a sleeve hitch, especially the MTD style. I know that several, including myself are not using them on MTD, so what make and model tractors are you mounting them, and what are you bolting the upper tabs to? How lucky a fit are they on the tractor you're mounting them?

Mine is mounted to the back of a 1988 Craftsman GT18/GT6000 and the only luck I had on mounts was I found a piece of scrap steel I used up to make extension tabs between the chassis and sleeve hitch mounting tabs.

Attached Thumbnails

• CatSleeve.jpg

#2 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,152 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted January 20, 2012 - 09:10 AM

I took one off a 1988 Craftsman GT18 and mounted it on the back of a 1970 something MTD and all I ended up having to do was drill the four holes for the top mounting plates. Other than that is was a bolt on. My son ended up selling the MTD so I put the hitch back on the GT18 with the snowblower.

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted January 20, 2012 - 03:28 PM

It looks to me like you did a real good job of adapting that hitch. I'm going to do something simular to my Murray Rail Frame. The rear plate is sloped and would need to stand off a few inches at the top. I think I will use the Johnny Bucket Universal Sleeve as a pattern and it's very simular to yours.