• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 whitelt120 OFFLINE  

whitelt120

• Member No: 5024
  • 17 Thanks
  • 119 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 03:07 PM

We Haven't had any snow here:mecry: but last night there was plenty of freezing rain. Now the road are as slick as glass! :wallbanging:

#17 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 03:39 PM

Yeah, this was our first decent snowfall 4-5 inches. Layer of ice in the middle. So I passed on my little 20" snowthrower and did get the panzer out for the first time w/ the plow. It did really well. I was also glad to see that the spring trip I made worked well, too. It tripped over when I went to come up the bump from the street onto our drive. Otherwise there'd be a chunk of asphalt missing right there.

The only other rig I've ever had to plow snow with was a grizzly atv. I'd say the panzer w/ chains has about the same traction as the atv in 4 wheel (no chains). Maybe just a tad less, though. Got some heavy uphill pushing in trying to clear the last 5 feet on the side of the road which the town plow left behind. We park on the street sometime, too. The big difference between an atv & tractor is that a tractor feels more solid because there's no suspension to be constantly flexing. I thought I'd miss the winch lift, but found that the Panzer lift is actually quicker- you reach down and smack it with your left hand and it's up... or down in a flash.

Good to hear the Panzer is doing it job. I haven't actually seen one in person but they look built heavy. I agree on the lift. I find after I put the electric actuator on my PK, that is was actually a pain for using the straight plow. The V plow on the other hand is so heavy that I don't miss the hand lift at all when using that. :D

We Haven't had any snow here:mecry: but last night there was plenty of freezing rain. Now the road are as slick as glass! :wallbanging:

Ice is no fun at all. I'd rather have a foot of snow than ice. Please keep your ice there and stay safe.
  • whitelt120 said thank you

#18 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 05:15 PM

But I be on a powerking that the lift would be extremely heavy by hand. I say I like the hand lift on the panzer, but it's only 42 inches wide.

As for the heaviness of it. A panzer to plow connection is just an automotive rear end and a plow connected by 2 big tubes. Doesn't get any simpler than that.

#19 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 11:14 AM

Not a bad weekend.Got some good seat time Saturday and Sunday! Now the temps are supposed to rise again.Oh well it was fun plowing while it lasted.

#20 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 03:10 AM

I wish I could atleast get a little snow here to try this blower :confuse:

#21 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted February 18, 2012 - 12:46 PM

Another Saturday morning woke up to about 4" of snow :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: yahooooo!!! The best thing is i have alot of elderly neighbors and they don't seem to want to shovel it.That's OK let me at it. I Love it when it snows.WHAT A GREAT DAY!!!!! :bounce: :thumbs: