• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 20, 2012 - 03:00 PM

I got it drilled today in the school shop. After teaching the other people how to use the drill press I got to use it. When I walked in the teacher that was there told me he would come over and tell me how to use it when the others were done. He seen me showing the others and when I got set up he came over and told me, "I don't think you need to be lectured since you just tought my students how to use the equipment." Before I left I asked if it would be okay if I could use something if I ever needed to, and said that I could. We talked for a few minutes and asked what I knew how to do already. When I told him I tought myself to weld and showed him a pic of one of my welds he didn't think they were mine, so, I welded a few peices of scrap together for him. He was suprised and told me that I better be taking his class next year, I geuss that's a good thing. Lol
  • MH81 said thank you

#32 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,413 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted January 20, 2012 - 03:26 PM

That's great, Ryan. Take the class and build parts for your tractor in it. It would be good for you, get some good instruction along the way.
By the way, I like your signature. That is a good statement.

#33 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 20, 2012 - 05:08 PM

That's great, Ryan. Take the class and build parts for your tractor in it. It would be good for you, get some good instruction along the way.
By the way, I like your signature. That is a good statement.

Thanks, I wanted to take the class this year but only juniors and seniors can take it, Im a sophomore. I dont know if sophomores are even allowed to be in there, let alone use the equipment, oh well. Next year im just going to take a bunch of tech classes as electives, most are fun and easy. When I do take metal shop I plan on building things for my tractors anyway. All the stuff they were making were pretty basic shapes, but i would still like to take that class.

When I saw that quote a few weeks ago I knew I had to put it in my signature.

#34 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 20, 2012 - 06:33 PM

Congratz on getting your components drilled.

#35 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 20, 2012 - 09:22 PM

Well I actually just drilled pilot holes, I didn't know how big they had to be exactly so I just waited until I got home. I just came in from drilling the holes to the size I wanted and putting it on. It works good and its has a lot more travel in the plow now. Hopefully it will snow so I can try it out!

#36 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,447 Thanks
  • 6,612 posts

Posted January 20, 2012 - 09:24 PM

Glad to hear you got the rod drilled , here's a picture of the plow lift , I thought it might have some safety effect when hitting an object beside the trip springs ( item "M" ) power king plow.jpg

#37 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 20, 2012 - 09:39 PM

the part i broke was on my 75, the plow is a different setup then that one. These blades were made to be used for snow and as dozer blades. All you have to do is put two bolts in and it wont trip like snow plows. I was using it with the bolts in it so if you hit something it has nothing to absorb the shock.

#38 fort apache OFFLINE  

fort apache

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7817
  • 15 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 03:34 AM

Could you use a low grade bolt that would shear instead of breaking the pivot arm?

#39 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 08:45 AM

Probably, ill have to look for something that size and if I find that small of a bolt I will put it in and let everybody know.

#40 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 02:55 PM

We got about 5 inches this morning. Just came in from plowing and it works much better now that it has a straight rod. The snow was light and I didn't have a problem plowing in 3rd gear with normal plowing rpms.

#41 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 06:33 PM

Here is a picture of the lift for you guys that are not sure what one looks like.There are actually two styles in the picture.

Attached Thumbnails

• lift.jpg

#42 fort apache OFFLINE  

fort apache

Tractorholic

• 15 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 07:21 PM

Mine is the bottom style. Are those pins that keep it all together? I'd like to take my out and shim it up cause its has too much play for me.

Here is a picture of the lift for you guys that are not sure what one looks like.There are actually two styles in the picture.

#43 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 08:18 PM

Both times mine broke it was on the red line in the pic below. My lift tab is like the top one.
untitled.jpg

#44 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 08:22 PM

Mine is the bottom style. Are those pins that keep it all together? I'd like to take my out and shim it up cause its has too much play for me.

For the tab in the middle, I think yours should be like the top one if its factory, but I have been wrong before. Mine had roll pins in them but I made the holes slightly larger and used some 7/16 bolts. The bolts were a lot easier to put in then the pins and the holes were wallowed out and had some play like you have.

#45 fort apache OFFLINE  

fort apache

Tractorholic

• 15 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 09:32 PM

I tried to drill one out. I thought the pin would be real soft and the rod would be of harder steel. It doesn't seem to be, because I only got half the pin and the end of the bit came out next to the pin. So, I screwed it up. I'll just use 7/16 bolts like you said.

For the tab in the middle, I think yours should be like the top one if its factory, but I have been wrong before. Mine had roll pins in them but I made the holes slightly larger and used some 7/16 bolts. The bolts were a lot easier to put in then the pins and the holes were wallowed out and had some play like you have.