• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,421 Thanks
  • 39,670 posts

Posted January 19, 2012 - 11:40 AM

Thanks. Kyocum! Those help me see what I'm trying to talk about. Apparently, it is a bit different than what I envisioned.

I agree with Brian, thanks fellas for helping out.

#17 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• Member No: 6171
  • 280 Thanks
  • 402 posts

Posted January 19, 2012 - 11:48 AM

The spring in question is not a fun spring to install either. That spring in the pic is a little tougher spring than the stock one. I would be inclined to think that if the pedal comes up half way it is just in need of lube. Lets hope that is it.

#18 Nonyab OFFLINE  

Nonyab

• Member No: 8179
  • 1 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted January 20, 2012 - 03:13 PM

Thanks to all who are helping me explore this problem. Haven't been working on the tractor for a few days but will be back on it sometime next week. I have a repair shop that is going to help me with researching the configuration for this tractor model. I am attaching a couple pics but they don't show everything. My tractor has dual brakes. The cross shaft has a spring (6-8") on each end, attached to the frame. I do not see anyplace for another spring. Also, there is a rod that goes to the hydraulics to disengage when applying the brakes. My current plan is to remove the cross shaft and linkage, clean up, de-rust and build up any wear on worn parts as necessary. Also, will either drill lube holes or install grease fittings where I think is needed. Hopefully, this will uncover anything that is causing the binding or preventing the lever to come fully up.

I am having to go a little slower than wanted but between putting down a new floor in the house, working on weed eaters, and getting electricity in my new shop, building an electrolysis rust removal system, the CC has to be fit in as possible. And the fish are biting also!

The input on the forum is helping me a lot and greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

DSC01640.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01639.jpg

#19 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,421 Thanks
  • 39,670 posts

Posted January 20, 2012 - 03:35 PM

In the first pic, there looks to be a spring along the left edge. I think this is the one we are looking for. Doesn't seem to be any tension on it, may be hooked into the wrong place/other end broken. Can you get another pic of this one from a different angle?

#20 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• Member No: 6171
  • 280 Thanks
  • 402 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 12:14 AM

Looks like the spring is hooked up correctly. Stock springs are really whimpy. Looks like you need to spray lube the rock shafts and work it in really well.