• Member No: 5587
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted January 17, 2012 - 01:55 PM

The Date for the 5TH Redneck plow day will be

MARCH 24TH at 9:00 AM

485 Gum Springs Rd

Taylors, SC 29687

Bring some stuff to sell for the swap meet.

All garden tractors welcome. No big tractors please. There will be a liability waiver to sign and a $5 registration fee to help cover costs.

I'll pass more info along after the first of the year.

Im posting this to help out the guy who puts on this event. Its very well organized and great fun and good times. All makes and models and colors of garden tractors are welcome. Dry camping is also available. Try to make this one if you can.

Just a little eye candy from last years plow day:

http://s1023.photobu....view=slideshow

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,408 Thanks
  • 39,662 posts

Posted January 17, 2012 - 04:07 PM

Welcome! That's a bit far for me, but thanks for the invite. Looks like a good turnout and lots of fun was had. Thanks for the pics.

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 17, 2012 - 05:03 PM

mowinman2,welcome to the forum.Glad to have you with us.

#4 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted January 17, 2012 - 09:49 PM

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. We would really love to see everyone thats close make it to the event. It has literally doubled in size each year, and we're hoping to do the same again this year. Last year there were 47 plowing and from the good responses we've gotten on the other sites, we just might be on track for doubling this year. Here is a recent update from Vince (the plow day host).

"Happy to say that from the looks of this its going to bee a weekend of John Deeres and diesels. Seems there will be about 12 different branded deisels plowing with us!! If you dont read the forums the guys out of the great state of Alabama, are gearing up to come and join us. Also Tim from Fla, and Doug from the mid west! Ill be stopping in to the hotels in Travlers Rest,SC to get you guys info. There is Sleep Inn, Hampton Inn, TSC is next door, and the Travliers just a small place. Collin and Larry stayed there last year said it was clean nice people and they own the reasturant in front of the motel. I belive they said it was real cheap.

Im kicking around the idea for tee shirts for the 5th plow day. Ill need 48 to make a good order and get a good price. My thought is that if you would like a tee shirt they will need to be ordered soon. It will look like the sticker that Heath gives out every year. I have not gotten a firm quote yet, but it looks real reasonable. The price of this shirt will include the cost of the entry fee. Im running this through my head along with Jen Cecele, shes the one that always gets you signed in.

Im going to try and get a firm price by the end of next week. I would like to know who would be intrested in a shirt. Like I said these will look the same as the stickers.

PLEASE EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT ONE. If I dont get enough intrest then it wont happen."

Here is a pic of the stickers they gave out last year. This would be the design on the shirt. Let me know if you are interested in buying one.

Thanks
David

IMG_0986.jpg

#5 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted January 18, 2012 - 10:35 PM

Another update from Vince...
Hotel info:
Travelers motel has a good restaraunt next to it and a Dunkin doughnuts. Kinda a one night stand place, but Collin stayed there last year said it was perfect. One of the Deere guys used it alot in his high school days, and recommends it. In 15 yrs Ive ben driving past it its always seemed to be clean and never trouble.
864 834 7222~~~~~~ $50 a night
Sleep Inn is 1 block from Travelers. Has a diner, subway, and a grocery store next to it.
864 834 7040~~~~~~ $100 a night for 2 double beds
Hampton Inn is next to Tractor Supply. Ive stayed at many Hampton Inns never a problem when I was driving a truck. MCDs, Pizza Inn, Waffel house, Walmart and other restaraunts across the road.
864 834 5550~~~~~~~~~~ $100 a night for 2 queens

I think were going Fri night to Golden Corral for dinner. These places are 15 min from Greenville. 15 min from the plow fields I would leave your tractors and trailers at the farm. Not that that area is bad, just that our tractors are good and since some of us will be camping at the farm, there would be nothing to worry about.

#6 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted January 19, 2012 - 12:57 PM

Just another update. I had a job down in Greenville SC today so I swung by and picked Vince up and we rode over to the farm and checked out the fields. Conditions are looking great and the rye grass is coming in really nice. The good thing is there wont be any crop stubble in our way. Just nice grass that will turn over really easy. Going there today was such a tease!!
Here is the eye candy.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://i1023.photobu...ks0/5th Annual%
20Redneck%20Plow%20Day/PLOWFIELDS12.jpg

#7 scuffy727 OFFLINE  

scuffy727

• Contributor
  • Member No: 601
  • 131 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 09:33 PM

I plan on being there this year. I have been to all 4 so far. It is like you said the size of the event has really grown. I remember the first plowday they were only 7 or 8 tractors there, and last year there was somewhere around 50. It is really fun to plow but there are some amazing machines just to look at.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2011 Massey 1855.jpg
  • massey 1855 and 782 2011.jpg

Edited by scuffy727, January 27, 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#8 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 03:12 PM

I think Vince is expecting even more this year. We will be camping the night before so come on out and join in on the BS

#9 scuffy727 OFFLINE  

scuffy727

• Contributor
  • 131 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 05:22 PM

I guarantee if Vince is there, they will some BS :bigrofl::bigrofl:

All jokes aside Vince is a great ambassador for any and all types of tractors. If anyone is interested in garden tractors and lives in the area, it would be tragedy not to go and see these machines work. Plus you will meet a bunch of guys like Vince that share a passion for garden tractors.

#10 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 12:27 AM

I guarantee if Vince is there, they will some BS :bigrofl::bigrofl:

All jokes aside Vince is a great ambassador for any and all types of tractors. If anyone is interested in garden tractors and lives in the area, it would be tragedy not to go and see these machines work. Plus you will meet a bunch of guys like Vince that share a passion for garden tractors.

Couldnt have said it any better!

#11 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 05:52 PM

I've got family in Huntersville, if I can wrangle an invitation there I could afford to come! Looks like a great time. Are there activities other than plowing?

Thanks
Howard

#12 scuffy727 OFFLINE  

scuffy727

• Contributor
  • 131 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted February 18, 2012 - 06:37 PM

Howard I would like to see to see another Massey there. They give away door prizes and sell food and people sit around and look at and talk about garden tractors. If you can come on out, you want be sorry.

People also bring things to sell and swap.

#13 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 18, 2012 - 06:53 PM

I posted the event on the calendar and it will also show on the sidebar of the forum index as an upcoming event to hopefully help you draw some more attention to the event.

Here is the calendar posting:
Event
5th Annual Redneck Plowday
Mar 24, 2012 (Single Day Event)

• mowinman2 said thank you

#14 scuffy727 OFFLINE  

scuffy727

• Contributor
  • 131 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted February 19, 2012 - 11:46 AM

Thanks for the help, NUTNDUN.

#15 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted February 23, 2012 - 01:34 PM

Thats definitly a great help NUTNDUN-Thanks!!

Howard, it would be great if you could make it down. More Masseys are always a plus! Between all the BS talking, plowing and eating, I dont think you'll have much time for anything else. LOL

Also, I got this from Vince:

Ok guys, we're a month away, and I would love to get somewhat of a head count. If you know you are going to make it, or even think you might, somewhat of an RSVP would be nice as we're trying to get an idea of how much food to prepare for lunch.
Thanks.
If you dont want people knowing your business, feel free to PM me.