Garden Tractor Forums banner

Cub Cadet Original frame crack

4K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  NyRedNeck 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any photos of a cub cadet original frame cracks.
I have read they were prone to crack and I am looking for photos of where they crack.

#5 ·
It looks to me like it is cracked. With that said I wouldn't worry about it being cracked because it is an easy repair to do properly [strong] and to where it can't be noticed. Remember that Cadet is 50 years old now and there has been a lot of stress on that joint over the years. That one looks to have a plate bolted to the cracked area to reinforce the stress crack. Don't let it deter you from a purchase if that is your issue. However, you might use it to haggle on the price some.
:smile1:

#6 ·
Thanks for the photo and the info. Looking at a photo of the other side of my tractor it looks to be in worse shape then the other. I will be able to determine a lot more once I am near the tractor. What would you say is a fair price for it as is? It has not run in years. What would be an absolute deal?

#8 ·
NyRedNeck said:
Thanks for the photo and the info. Looking at a photo of the other side of my tractor it looks to be in worse shape then the other. I will be able to determine a lot more once I am near the tractor. What would you say is a fair price for it as is? It has not run in years. What would be an absolute deal?
I can tell you that I see $250 in that three point and the wheel weights alone. With the mower deck as well I don't think one could do wrong for $350 on it.

#10 ·
Finally got to pick up the Cub. Here are some pics with my temp fuel tank resting on the hood. lol. After dusting her off, cleaning the points and the plug, she started right up with no smoke or noise. A good runner. A bit of slop in the steering, but all in all a nice deal

I got her with a spare deck, clutch, generator, rear wheels and spacers for dullies, and spare original engine. The engine that is in there now is also original to another Cub O Tractor.

#18 ·
$250 is an AWESOME deal! As I said before in my other post, the wheel weights and 3 point alone are worth that money all day long. The rest of it is just freebie stuff. You also mentioned dual wheel spacers, those too if they are IH are worth a little bit as well. Great find on it, it looks VERY straight and should be real easy to restore or get tuned up and back to work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.