• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 05, 2010 - 11:16 PM

I'd like to know where we can get front blades/attachments for Ariens GT's, Can we use other blades than Ariens

#2 Guest_James66_*

Guest_James66_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 06, 2010 - 12:02 AM

I think you can use Gravely 18h it pretty much the same tractor and the same lift as the ariens i will get in touch with a guy thats sell alot of ariens parts and see if he can get me a blade ok

#3 Gary Burnett OFFLINE  

Gary Burnett

• Member No: 44
  • 10 Thanks
  • 98 posts

Posted February 06, 2010 - 01:30 PM

New Holland S,Ariens S,GT and the Gravely mentioned all can use the same implements.I have lots of mower decks,a couple blades and couple 2 stage snowblowers for the Ariens tractors.

#4 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 06, 2010 - 07:21 PM

I have two really nice drive over shaft drive decks, but I'd really like to have a front blade and I have aold drag behind scoop I'd like to convert to a front scoop

#5 Guest_James66_*

Guest_James66_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 06, 2010 - 11:52 PM

New Holland tractor are hard to come bye I have only seen 2 in my life time here in ohio, but they are the same tractor as the ariens and the Gravely I'm look for blade now in time iI will find what you need bad thing is it mite not be close to you but we shall see what I can find later James

#6 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 07, 2010 - 09:34 AM

Thanks James, I'm looking into UPS, FedEx, terminal to terminal shipping cost (cheap), or piggybacks with truckers. We may have to add that to the forum

#7 Gary Burnett OFFLINE  

Gary Burnett

• Member No: 44
  • 10 Thanks
  • 98 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 08:40 PM

I have 3 of the New Holland S models a real good S14 fair S14 and a S14 with no engine that Yinglings in Gettysburg PA never sold but kept there at their place to use.The engine went bad they took it off and there it sat,I asked Bud who ran the place and a good friend of mine about it and he gave it to me to restore which I plan to do. Unfortunately not long after that he died of a heart attack.I had just been by his place on a Tuesday on the way to pick up an Ariens GT 18 I'd gotten on ebay,his son called me Wednesday morning to tell me Bud had died that night.Real sad day but am planning to do a complete restoration on his old new Holland

#8 Guest_James66_*

Guest_James66_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 10, 2010 - 10:10 PM

Gary amazing That the New Holland name is on Ariens. but it's really a Ariens. and a great tractor I have a New holland parts tractor. and a S14H, S16H, GT16, GT20. and all are well made and heavy tractor and easy to get parts for. later Jmaes

#9 matar1111 OFFLINE  

matar1111

• Member No: 368
  • 1 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted May 11, 2010 - 01:31 PM

Gary,
I live in Carlisle PA and have a New Hollans S 14 with a front blade, and a roto tiller (I bought the roto tiller recently). I got this tractor from a neighbor which was moving a few years ago. everything works but I need the rear pto shaft assembly. Do you have one on your parts tractor? Do you know if I can find one somewhere? This thing is built like a tank and I love it, but I want to use the tiller some day.
Thanks

New Holland S,Ariens S,GT and the Gravely mentioned all can use the same implements.I have lots of mower decks,a couple blades and couple 2 stage snowblowers for the Ariens tractors.

#10 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 11, 2010 - 01:56 PM

You are like right in my neck of the woods.

#11 matar1111 OFFLINE  

matar1111

• 1 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted May 19, 2010 - 09:13 AM

You are like right in my neck of the woods.

I am glad that we live close. Do you know Were I can get the Rear PTO Shaft for a New Holland S14 (I guess same as Ariens GT12 through GT16) near Carlisle PA?

#12 Brent OFFLINE  

Brent

• Member No: 358
  • 5 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted May 19, 2010 - 08:22 PM

HPIM3135..jpg matar1111 would this be the shaft you are looking for? This one is off an Ariens S16H.

Attached Thumbnails

• HPIM3136..jpg
  • HPIM3138..jpg

#13 matar1111 OFFLINE  

matar1111

• 1 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted May 20, 2010 - 08:26 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2499[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2498[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2497[/ATTACH]matar1111 would this be the shaft you are looking for? This one is off an Ariens S16H.

I believe that's it. I am assuming that the plate at the short end bolts on to the back plate of the tractor and the long end will attach to the transmission (pto) located under the seat (gas tank)?
Is this for sale? and if so, what do you want for it?
Thank you very much for going through the trouble of taking pictures etc.
I do appreciate it.

#14 matar1111 OFFLINE  

matar1111

• 1 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted June 10, 2010 - 07:26 AM

I believe that's it. I am assuming that the plate at the short end bolts on to the back plate of the tractor and the long end will attach to the transmission (pto) located under the seat (gas tank)?
Is this for sale? and if so, what do you want for it?
Thank you very much for going through the trouble of taking pictures etc.
I do appreciate it.

Brent,
It worked. That is the part. I took the seat and the gas tank off to have access to install it, but it worked great.
Now I have to hook up the tiller. I hope I am not missing anything for the hook-up.

Does anyone have an original picture of a New Holland S-14. I would like to clean this up and re-paint it, but I have never seen an actual picture of it or one that has been restored!!
Thanks

#15 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 10, 2010 - 07:29 AM

I love it when a deal comes together and parts are found :thumbs:

Hopefully finding original colors for the New Holland are not as bad as trying to get the original colors for some of the Bolens tractors.