• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 divergreg OFFLINE  

divergreg

• Member No: 8177
  • 1 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted January 16, 2012 - 09:18 PM

Thanks for all the help! from everyone. It is nice to know there is somewhere for help besides the dealer, they already get the money in parts and toys for the kids. Hopefully by next weekend I will have this thing back up and in the field. God bless all of you for your help. I will keep you posted. Your help is much appreciated. Greg

#17 divergreg OFFLINE  

divergreg

• 1 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted January 16, 2012 - 09:35 PM

Well I am not sure if my other post made it on here, but I wanted to say thanks to everyone. See, I bought some property down in NC, and my first order of business was to buy a good tractor. I found the one I bought on craigslist. I told my wife, that it might need some work, and like always I said it will happen, John Deere people are different, they help each other, then after all with the tractor the last weekend, and the help provided here, I can say, see what now. I grew up in Illinois on a farm, a stone throw away from Moline, so all I know is JD. I don't everything about fixing them, but I know about the people who own them and operate them. I wanted to start out small to get the small stuff done and will get bigger sizes as needed, but the end all is thanks for the help! Greg

#18 lyall OFFLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,747 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted January 16, 2012 - 10:18 PM

Greg
Tractor first, then several attachments like front blade, snow blower, tiller, maybe a plow
you got the bug

#19 divergreg OFFLINE  

divergreg

• 1 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted January 17, 2012 - 07:27 PM

Since you said it, is there a plow or tiller I can use with this? What attachments do I need to make it happen? I am trying to clear a 75 x 50 garden. If I don't need to buy a walk behind tiller that would save some money. Thanks Greg

#20 divergreg OFFLINE  

divergreg

• 1 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted January 17, 2012 - 07:37 PM

Do I need to do anything to put a three point hitch,certain brand or modifications? Thanks Greg

#21 lyall OFFLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,747 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted January 17, 2012 - 09:45 PM

Gregg
the tiller for the 100 and 200 series JD tractor is model 31. you will need a rear lift kit to raise and lower it. the tiller connects to the back of the tractor. went you get a tiller make sure you get the internediate drive that connects to the under side of the tractor and the two bolts that the tiller connects to the tractor
[ATTACH]28215[/ATTACH]

for a Brinly plow (8", 10" or 12") will need an integral sleeve hitch ( it can be used with several different attachment with the hitch) and if you do not get a tiller you will still need the rear lift kit.
[ATTACH]28216[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]28219[/ATTACH]

a helper spring helps a lot lifting the front and rear attachment, if you do not a hydraulic or electric lift.

I like using my tiller on the tractor. I do not like walking behind a tiller, my hands are num after doing the garden (65x65 main garden)

Attached Thumbnails

• tiller 31.jpg
  • brinley plow.jpeg
  • hitch.jpeg

Edited by lyall, January 17, 2012 - 09:51 PM.
added hitch picture

#22 noah OFFLINE  

noah
  • Member No: 71039
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted May 23, 2015 - 11:04 AM

Welcome to GTTalk Greg. I have never had a 210 so I don't have first hand knowledge of the mower deck drive. There are a few 200 series owners on here who I am sure will respond to your question. You should check out the JD parts site JDParts.com. You can do a model search for your tractor and access the parts diagrams. If you need an operators manual send me a private message with your email address as I may have one.

HI, Brain:

Can I have a copy of the manual as well? I just brought  a JD 210, and I am completely new to all these, I am having difficult to put on the cutting deck (38") the a mower repair close to me refuse to working saying it is too old... (I can not believe this, from my research JD 210 is very reliable...etc)

thank you very much

noah.luk@gmail.com 

#23 lyall OFFLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,747 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted May 23, 2015 - 09:28 PM

Hi Noah

welcome to GTTalk

How I put a mower deck on

First put deck under the garden tractor.

Second push the lift handle all the way forward.   That will lower the lift arms down so the you can put on the lift straps on.

Three put the deck belt on.

Screenshot-8.png

Forth connect the two daft arms from the deck to the garden tractor.  

Screenshot-6.png

Fifth put to lift arms. 

Screenshot-5.png

You might have to lower depth control , to lower the lift arms

Screenshot-7.png

Sixth  attach the front draft plate

Screenshot-10.png  

I like the roller pin down not up like shown in the picture.  Easier to remove later.

Screenshot-9.png

Seventh  tighten the belt.  the Handle on the front of the garden tractor.

Make sure the belt is on right.

Screenshot-11.png

Hope this helps

• Trav1s said thank you