#1 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4529
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 04:48 PM

hiyah fellers! been really busy with work and hobbies! finally getting to the blower for my
massey ferguson. it's all torn down to replace the bearings, one of the pullies on the 'double pulley' was rusted through, so i machined a replacement to fit and just need to weld it back on:smile1:. the bearings were a MESS! also needed a new chain (size #41). have all the parts to get it together, just need to make a new lift arm for it.
thats the problem!! i need somebody who is weelee weelee nice to help me out on the measurments for it.:blush2: i need overall length and distance between mounting holes, plus the length of the slot for the ram.
a pic of the correct part would also help me in making it look right and proper also, but not exactly needed.
any haaaaaaaalp would be awsome!:worshippy1:

#2 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 08:29 PM

I will be weelee nice, and get that info. I have a 4220 sitting on a pallet, so any measurements are readily available.
Just so we're on the same page, go to agcopartsbooks.com , and give me the part# that you're talking about.

PM me

Edited by IamSherwood, January 14, 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#3 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 08:03 AM

HIYAH sherwood! thanks for the help!:wave:
i can't seem to get the agco site to let me view the parts, just the part number and description. is there an area where they keep an exploded view of the blower?
it seems i may need more than just the "lift rod".:sleep:
from what i gather from the manual on here i also need the lift springs, and other small parts, but i need an exploded view to tell for sure:smile1:

#4 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 08:07 AM

Exploded view should be right there in the middle of the screen.

Yeah, it's there for me.

Sign in as guest.
search for 1450-Massey ferguson.
the 4220 is listed at the bottom on the left

Edited by IamSherwood, January 15, 2012 - 08:13 AM.

#5 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 08:10 AM

hmmmm, maybe i need to download some extra software into this box:bigrofl:
i figured something wasnt right:shoot2:
dammit! i really need to get my own computer:madhop:
i'll see what i can come up with. i have to go back to work, but will be back shortly:blush2:

#6 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 09:51 AM

O.K.! so i found the snapper 42" blower (from a 1650) and from what i have heard they are the same. could be wrong..... has happened before!
here is the link to partstree: Parts and Diagrams for Snapper 7060376 - 42" Snow Thrower Attachment (MF)
i basicly need the 'lift rod' (p.n. #7014081 and #14080 together) #17/18 in the diagram. i just need to know the adjustable measurements for it.
also, does the blower use the same lift parts the mower uses? (#14,15,16 in diagram). hope i have those parts on the parts tractor, if not.....
heeeelp! heeeeeeeeelp heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp! (screamed like a woman tied to the train tracks:D).

#7 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 10:47 AM

hmmmm, maybe i need to download some extra software into this box:bigrofl:
i figured something wasnt right:shoot2:
dammit! i really need to get my own computer:madhop:
i'll see what i can come up with. i have to go back to work, but will be back shortly:blush2:

You will need to use "Internet Explorer" to access Agco Part. Other browsers do not work.

#8 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 11:06 AM

thanks ducky! it's all up to the i.t. guys here at work what they put on the computer:smile1: i'm pretty sure thats whats on here now, just not the latest and greatest version. it's been a week since they did some upgrades:bigrofl:
the site says to instal silverlight, i guess i'll have to contact them to get that instaled. then next week i'll have to have them instal the bigger better version. then a week after that..... and the week after that.....:bounce:
stupid computers:shoot2:

#9 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 11:57 AM

thanks ducky! it's all up to the i.t. guys here at work what they put on the computer:smile1: i'm pretty sure thats whats on here now, just not the latest and greatest version. it's been a week since they did some upgrades:bigrofl:
the site says to instal silverlight, i guess i'll have to contact them to get that instaled. then next week i'll have to have them instal the bigger better version. then a week after that..... and the week after that.....:bounce:
stupid computers:shoot2:

Yes "Silverlight" is required and if you use the latest version of "IE" you may need to use the "Compatibility View" for that site. Not positive though.

#10 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 12:09 PM

:D thats why imma going to let the .i.t. guys figure it out. what i know about computers wouldn't fill a thimble if it was already half full of water:bigrofl:

#11 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted January 18, 2012 - 05:09 AM

O.K.! so i found the snapper 42" blower (from a 1650) and from what i have heard they are the same. could be wrong..... has happened before!
here is the link to partstree: Parts and Diagrams for Snapper 7060376 - 42" Snow Thrower Attachment (MF)
i basicly need the 'lift rod' (p.n. #7014081 and #14080 together) #17/18 in the diagram. i just need to know the adjustable measurements for it.
also, does the blower use the same lift parts the mower uses? (#14,15,16 in diagram). hope i have those parts on the parts tractor, if not.....
heeeelp! heeeeeeeeelp heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp! (screamed like a woman tied to the train tracks:D).

I just took a look at the snapper set up on partstree. #14,15,16 appear to be the same as what agco shows for the 4220.
The 4220 uses a simpler lift rod than #17/18. Agco hows 2 flat bar straps, hole in one end, and slot in the other. I'll get at mine later today.

#12 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted January 18, 2012 - 02:46 PM

thanks sherwood! i think i'll have to rethink the lifting of this blower. i don't have any of the parts for the bottom of the tractor except the one for the mower deck.
just means i'll have to come up with a different way to give it a lift:smile1: good thing i have a parts tractor. i can use the extra cylinder where ever i need to to have the blower lift for me. just have to lay under the tractor to come up with an idea on how.....
it isn't the first time i'll be on my back for a tractor!:bigrofl:

#13 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted January 18, 2012 - 07:29 PM

Is this the stuff you're looking for?

Attached Thumbnails

• P1010036.jpg

#14 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted January 18, 2012 - 07:50 PM

OH NO YOU DIDNT!
yep! that looks like the parts:worshippy1:
those 2 long bars are for lifting? seems alot less complicated than the snapper 'lift rod'.

#15 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted January 18, 2012 - 08:00 PM

So, are you in need of these, because it snowed now, or ??

I'll Pm you in abit.