26 replies to this topic

#1 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 02:52 PM

I just noticed this whole forum dedicated to other things folks do in their lives. Very interesting.

I must admit that...
When I'm at home...
In the basement...
Reading GTTalk posts....
Especially the ones with the pictures....
I take my hands off the keyboard...
And pull them behind the desk....
And I....

Play guitar.
What did you think I was going to say?
In fact, it's probably the reason I can stay interested so much in the site. I read and play, pause, scroll down, play some more, and on it goes. Been good at getting back into it lately as I hadn't played for about 6-7 years until our last move. That day it was staring at me from our pile of moving stuff.

Any other playa's out there? It's nice to have a basement man cave to keep the music on this computer and get some privacy...

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 02:56 PM

Maybe we ought to get a GTT band together. I played Trumpet all the way thru college. Both of my kids play now. Kinda fun to do a trio once in a while. The day is coming where one of them will out play me and I'll be on 2nd. :D

#3 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 04:03 PM

Maybe we ought to get a GTT band together. I played Trumpet all the way thru college. Both of my kids play now. Kinda fun to do a trio once in a while. The day is coming where one of them will out play me and I'll be on 2nd. :D

Here is how we can still include a tractor. :D

Sweet Georgia Brown & traktor

I have played the guitar but wasn't very good and I haven't picked it up for about 6 months.

#4 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 06:12 PM

I played the drums in High School. But then again, that's been 27 years ago. LOL

#5 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 08:11 PM

I do Hydroponics in the winter and grow Giant Pumpkins in the summer.

#6 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 08:43 PM

I have no musical talent but Kathy plays several instruments. She currently has 2 hammered dulcimers, guitar, mandolin, fiddle and a Marimbula, shes darn near a whole band by herself. Belongs to a Bluegrass band and several musical clubs. For those that do play :thumbs:, I know it sure has a soothing effect listening and probably more so when playing.

#7 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 11:34 PM

Gosh, there is enough for a band. But that'd mean I'd actually have to buckle down and play well enough to play with others...

#8 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 12:30 AM

:rocker2:I play a mean Kohler balance gear rattle, with a Techemseh roller bearing roar, A little Wisconsin whistle,Some Onan running on one cylinder cymbals. Follow this up with a little Honda and Hercules hum;Together with Continental clashing and some Robin rumble. Maybe some pinging Pincors, and some banging Briggs. I am sure some others will play there own tune! A GTTalk Band sounds pretty cool. Shawn P.S. Almost forgot the Clinton clap........ Wait the diesels.......... dinging Detroits......

Edited by tractorgarden, January 15, 2012 - 04:48 AM.

• MH81, KennyP, johndeereelfman and 1 other said thanks

#9 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 05:25 AM

I used to play the piano a bit ,years ago.As well a the violin and clarinet.But that was way back in the '70s thought ,and I have not kept up with any of them.

#10 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 08:06 AM

As a youngster, until I was about 22, I played the bass guitar. That was 20 or so years ago though and I haven't played since then. I have thought about getting another one, but with the arthritis in my hands (excuse LOL) and my lack of "spare" time, it would be difficult.

#11 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted January 18, 2012 - 07:46 PM

Sounds like we have a band! Let's get together Friday night, around 7:30 to practice. Someone bring the potato chips and pretzels, and I'll bring the soda. We'll all meet at Dean's house. One thing though, I have to be back home no later than 10:00, hope you don't mind? Can't wait to get started!

Greg, ask Kathy if she'd be interested in being our lead singer. Tell her to bring the instruments though, just in case one of the other guys don't show up.

#12 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted January 19, 2012 - 06:27 AM

Wish I was closer to hear this! Can you do a video for the rest of us?

#13 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted January 19, 2012 - 08:26 AM

Sounds like we have a band! Let's get together Friday night, around 7:30 to practice. Someone bring the potato chips and pretzels, and I'll bring the soda. We'll all meet at Dean's house. One thing though, I have to be back home no later than 10:00, hope you don't mind? Can't wait to get started!

Greg, ask Kathy if she'd be interested in being our lead singer. Tell her to bring the instruments though, just in case one of the other guys don't show up.

Well, I don't think I could make it. Little long of a drive for an evening. We have a jam night once a month here at our house. The last one was impressive. A banjo, fiddle, two guitars( we couldn't get the third guitar player to play) , piano, upright bass, mandolin, a timid ukulele, and percussion( jdembe, tambourine, or moroccas). Boy, we had this place rocking. We play old time, the fiddle player and bass player do some Jewish music, and the piano and bass also do jazz.

#14 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted January 19, 2012 - 09:25 AM

Baha! I just read this now. If you have to be home by 10:00 then you'll need to leave before it starts.

#15 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted January 19, 2012 - 11:25 AM

That....Will clear the house out faster than anything else, she dont even sing in the shower!!