• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#121 ol' stonebreaker OFFLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,318 Thanks
  • 984 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 04:01 PM

Some pics of mine. Pretty basic, just the necessaries. Table w/ a good supply of c-clamps(you never have too many!!),Miller MM175 mig, Miller thunderbolt A/C/D/C stick machine, Victor torch setup and a couple of small disc grinders, along w/ the chop saw.
Mike

Attached Thumbnails

• vac 010 (Small).jpg
  • vac 011 (Small).jpg
  • vac 012 (Small).jpg

Edited by mla2ofus, October 08, 2012 - 04:01 PM.

• JDBrian said thank you

#122 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,486 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 04:16 PM

Some pics of mine. Pretty basic, just the necessaries. Table w/ a good supply of c-clamps(you never have too many!!),Miller MM175 mig, Miller thunderbolt A/C/D/C stick machine, Victor torch setup and a couple of small disc grinders, along w/ the chop saw.
Mike

Nice set up you have there! I need a good welding table.

#123 ol' stonebreaker OFFLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • 1,318 Thanks
  • 984 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 05:21 PM

Yeah, it's a 3/8" top. I put steel casters under it so I can move it around. It has to stay by the wall between the welders and radial saw until I need it. It still sticks out far enough to use as a work table for anything else. I have a 2'x3' piece of bar grating on the opposite end for torch cutting and a piece of lite sheet alum. under it to catch slag. I have a 2" hitch receiver I still need to bolt up under the edge for the vise. Intend to get another short piece of 2" sq tube so I can put the bench grinder there also.
Mike
  • KennyP said thank you

#124 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:48 PM

Some pics of mine. Pretty basic, just the necessaries...

Those are a really nice collection of "necessaries"! The MIG and the stick welders looks like a commercial models and you'd be surprised how many of us do not have welding tables in our shop! You have some very nice tools to work with there!
  • ol' stonebreaker said thank you

#125 ol' stonebreaker OFFLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • 1,318 Thanks
  • 984 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 07:26 PM

Thanks!!,they're not commercial grade, both 240v so they will do most of what I need. I've wanted a plasma cutter for several yrs but just can't justify the cost. I have a really good sabre saw that will cut the thin stuff so it doesn't warp. 1/8" and thicker the torch cuts. I like the steel top to work on oily stuff 'cause I can just wipe it off. All worn out bath towels or anything terry goes straight to my shop. I also keep an eye out at yard sales for them too.
Mike

#126 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted October 09, 2012 - 11:42 AM

Nice setup Mike, thanks for the pic . :thumbs:

#127 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 05:43 AM

Mike , that's a really nice table setup. I like the 2" receiver idea for the vise. Thanks for the pic's!

#128 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 05:46 AM

Sounds like you got a keeper there Smitty! I'd say you got an excellent deal!

#129 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 06:11 AM

Mike

Nice set up there, and your shop looks so orginized.

#130 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 10:19 AM

Sounds like you got a keeper there Smitty! I'd say you got an excellent deal!

Thanks.

Don't look at the mess in my yard, but here's a picture of the welder, and, some work I did with it a few days ago... first time I've used a stick welder in many years, and it shows. But, the welder works well, and is handy.

Steve

2012-10-06_16-39-51_149.jpg 2012-10-06_16-39-59_348.jpg

#131 Orangejulius OFFLINE  

Orangejulius
  • Member No: 12754
  • 26 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted October 15, 2012 - 08:15 AM

I run a Hobart Handler 125 for most jobs ( the thick stuff is handled with my old Lincoln tombstone). Its set up with flux core .030. Nice welder for the price. I have put it through a lot in the 5 years I have had it, and it never let me down. I like the fact its 110v so I can take it with me when I need to, with the flux core welding outside is easy (no wind to interfere with your shielding gas), it gets hot enough for most jobs, ( I have done everything from welding new frame sections in a Jeep cj, to 18 gauge sheet metal work with good success) I would recommend this to a beginning welder, or as a perfect all around rig for general use.
DSC 0131

#132 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 05:38 PM

Well I sit here ready all of the adventures of all and it brings back menories for me. I even watched the whole first video. When I was in the Air Force the government sent me to a metal processing spec. school-now what in the hell kind of class is that. I learned heat treating of metal, gas welding, arc welding(same as stick), TIG welding, non-destructive testing and probably more, and that class was 6 weeks long. I started out doing mostly arch and gas welding and cutting the first year, then I was sent overseas where I got to do all TIG welding which I loved once I got the hang of it. Then I came back to the states and had to be certified on Alum, stainless steel, mild steel, titamium and teo other metals which I forgot the names. I go to where I was darn good at it and loved it. Then I got discharged and became a cop-go figure.

One piece of advise is PRACTICE-PRACTICE-PRACTICE.  You got to remember I knew nothing about welding going into it, let alone how to spell it.

Dick

Edited by JRJ, February 07, 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#133 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 06:15 PM

Also when I was doing the welding we did not have the MIG welding nor the plasma cutter nor the helmets with the auto adjusting lens. 

Some one mentioned about the designs on the helmets, that is nothing more than a personal things.

Back to the videos, the first one was a little drawn out but it is worth watching. I will watch the second one soon.

Dick

#134 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 11:26 PM

welders (2).JPG Just thought I'd throw this in, finally got my welder storage area moved about and cleaned up enough for a pic LOL. The other day I was at the welding shop for some consumables, and came  home with a fresh bottle of argon, some #5 and # 6 cups and some rod. Funny thing happened, this stange black metal cart followed me home as well.  Great platform for the Diversion 180, a couple drawers and a decent sized lower cabinet to fill with stuff.

Not pictured is the huge Miller HF 250 TIG, my lens is not wide enough  LOL....

Attached Thumbnails

• welders (5).JPG
  • welders (4).JPG
  • welders (7).JPG

• Alc said thank you

#135 Watchdog OFFLINE  

Watchdog
  • Member No: 17146
  • 132 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted March 17, 2013 - 06:10 AM

A lot of good Ideas, I appreciate everyone sharing. Looks like my problem maybe space, I don't have a very big shop so maybe make a lean too and put a table out there. I'll have to think about it. Thanks

Good Morning Bill:  I just found this topic this morning, so I`m a little late getting involved.  I am pressed for space as well, so my table has removable legs so I can just lean it against the wall when I`m not using it.  I`ll get a picture of it up today.

Jeff

• HDWildBill said thank you