Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Show us your welding setups folks

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#136 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,709 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted March 17, 2013 - 08:47 AM

Good Morning Bill:  I just found this topic this morning, so I`m a little late getting involved.  I am pressed for space as well, so my table has removable legs so I can just lean it against the wall when I`m not using it.  I`ll get a picture of it up today.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I resolved my space problem.  I built a new shop, but I would still be interested in seeing the pic's of your table.  Even with some space you can lose that room if you're not careful.

• Watchdog said thank you

#137 Watchdog OFFLINE  

Watchdog
  • Member No: 17146
  • 132 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 06:20 AM

Sorry Bill, I'm a week late with the picture.  I have included it in my pictures in this post.

315bnh5.jpg

This is my Miller Thunderbolt 225 AC stick welder.  I made the cabinet it is sitting on to store welding supplies and to roll around with the Miller on it.

2cyc00.jpg

Just a simple drop down door to access the cabinet contents.  The yellow fiberglass welding blanket is a handy item to have when you need to protect something from weld splatter.  I lay it on  rams of my lift when I am welding near them.

zsm76.jpg

This is my Deca 150 mig welder.  It has worked well for the seven years I have had it, but now I need to get some replacement parts and can't find them.  This was a line of welders Princess Auto used to carry, that are made in Italy.  Now they only have made in China stuff and longer carry parts for the Decas.  If any of you are aware of a place that sells Deca supplies, I would appreciate any info you can provide.

33tnfy0.jpg

This is my portable welding table.  The legs aren't very sturdy; I don't pound on it at all, but it works well a smooth surface for tacking pieces together.

156ekgp.jpg

The legs are just black pipe threaded into pieces on the bottom.  It makes it very easy to level the table and to spin the legs off and put the table away.  Not the most stable set-up though.  Having said that, it has never fallen over.

2rz6weq.jpg

This is my exhaust fan.  I picked it up at a yard sale for $5 and it works very well.  It is mounted in the only window in the shop.  I have a couple more windows to add when the weather is a little nicer.

Jeff

#138 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,316 Thanks
  • 4,663 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 07:45 AM

I hope Dave spends more time here. It would be a bonus for all of us.
Those old welders have a lot of copper in them and can take a lot more abuse then the newer stuff. Something you can pass along to the kids. I noticed your C-clamps and had to smile. I have a bunch of different vise grips and I still find myself using the C-clamps. There are times when nothing else will work.

Thanks Cvans!!  

Ohh..  You weren't talking about me???

OOP's!!  

Along with C-clamps I've found those long carpentry clamps come in real handy on the bigger stuff..

• Cvans said thank you

#139 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,497 Thanks
  • 5,025 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 06:18 PM

Ohh..  You weren't talking about me???

Hey if the shoe fits, wear it.  :D

I haven't checked in with this string for a while and it was fun catching up.

#140 ghack OFFLINE  

ghack
  • Member No: 36839
  • 29 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 09:38 PM

Ok here are a few of mine,
100_2913.jpg
The Miller is at my brothers shop,too big for my shed.
And this little wonder box is in my shed and used all the time, not a bad little rig for what I paid for it. $100
100_2473.jpg

Same syncro i have, i also have a dynasty 200. an old miller 200 mig 3 phase machine a a miller passport, and a thermal dynamics 38 plas.

#141 Gutkowski OFFLINE  

Gutkowski
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 47905
  • 44 Thanks
  • 58 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 08:36 PM

Here is mine 40+ hours a week lol

http://www.dycoind.com/equipment.html

• Alc and Sawdust have said thanks

#142 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,497 Thanks
  • 5,025 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 09:37 PM

Here is mine 40+ hours a week lol

Talk about over kill!   :rolling:

#143 nade-em OFFLINE  

nade-em
  • Member No: 25213
  • 202 Thanks
  • 171 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 01:13 AM

I got this about 3 weeks ago on CL for $80, works great. I am teaching myself how to stick weld :thumbs:

DSC00809.JPG

These are my best attempts so far

DSC00804.JPG

DSC00807.JPG

• michael.kitko, Sawdust and BNK have said thanks

#144 Gutkowski OFFLINE  

Gutkowski
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 47905
  • 44 Thanks
  • 58 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 01:33 AM

I got this about 3 weeks ago on CL for $80, works great. I am teaching myself how to stick weld :thumbs:

attachicon.gifDSC00809.JPG

These are my best attempts so far

attachicon.gifDSC00804.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC00807.JPG

Looks good try some 7018 1/8 in the backwards C pattern hold top for a few seconds and drag it back down for a few to fill it back in , if you can master that you can now do overhead about the same amps110.6011-6013 5/32 runs about the same amperage and really good for rusty material but not rusted through material .

• Sawdust said thank you

#145 Ranger2000 OFFLINE  

Ranger2000
  • Member No: 61505
  • 44 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted September 29, 2014 - 10:26 PM

Well, after thinking a bit about it, this is one time I am glad that I haven't learned to post pictures yet because if I could I'd have already posted pictures of my HF welder, among a lot of other cheap tools I have that I am not completely proud of.  

However, as far as what I can do with the cheap tools, I wish I could post the pictures of that.

Actually I have two camera's that are just about full and will be developed pretty soon and maybe I can post some picture when I get the disc back from the photo shop. 

I sure hope so, anyway. Seems like no ones wants to talk much with out pictures but I will have to admit, I post on other threads more often when I see some pictures too, LOL.

I would like to show the way I have many of my tools hanging on the walls and setting on the shelves I built. I have the out line of tools, such as a grinder, drill, C-Clamps, etc. drawn behind all the tools so even my grand daughters can put them where they go by finding the pictures. :rocker2:

Godspeed

Ranger

• KennyP said thank you

#146 BNK OFFLINE  

BNK
  • Member No: 62066
  • 983 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted November 30, 2014 - 08:13 PM

Here is my Lincoln SP 200 MIG or stick w/ #6 bottle of gas, 12' Tweeco cable hoze and gun. Fine tune burn back,tack, stitch and seam control. It has been faithful! Under the welding table is a HF MIG flux core and mainly used for tacking. Next to it is a tool box. Also have to include my Speedglass 9002X auto hood (10 yrs old) and my Jackson Daytona (20+ yrs). Yea that's a 1.0 Cheater lens in the Speedglass...my eyes ain't what they used to be. For clean work I'll spray anti spatter and always clean my nozzles. Decent torch/cart (would love to have a plasma some day) and band/chop saw(s). All on casters/wheels to roll about my little shop. Still have my ol Yellow Jacket apron that badly needs dry cleaned! Cool thread, I have enjoyed seeing other metalmorphis equipment~

Attached Thumbnails

• 059.jpg
  • 061.jpg
  • 064.jpg
  • 056.jpg
  • 057.jpg
  • 524992_586627798016188_967979431_n.jpg

• Alc, sacsr, MFDAC and 1 other said thanks

#147 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8592
  • 2,515 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 02:21 PM

I use these

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_3734.jpg

• sacsr, marlboro180 and BNK have said thanks

#148 CanadianHobbyFarmer OFFLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • Member No: 73571
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted January 31, 2016 - 01:26 PM

I bought my first gas-less mig welder about 20 years ago and it worked well for me. The transformer shorted out on it a few years ago, so I bought a cheap one from Princess Auto (Canada's version of Harbour freight). It has worked well for me as well, but is not quite as powerful as the first one was. I decided I was going to get myself an arc welder this year for the heavier work and started putting money away to get one. Canadian Tire has the Lincoln 225 on sale this week and I pointed it out to my wife. My birthday is coming up next month, so she gave me the money I was short as an early birthday gift (yes she is a keeper, we have been with each other for over 20 years). I just read through this entire thread to get ideas on how to set up a portable work area and I got a lot of good ideas. I just want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread.

Jim

• limebuzz, KennyP, MFDAC and 3 others have said thanks

#149 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted January 31, 2016 - 01:29 PM

Have fun with it! It's a little different than mig welding, but you'll get it!

• CanadianHobbyFarmer said thank you

#150 CanadianHobbyFarmer OFFLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • Member No: 73571
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted January 31, 2016 - 02:04 PM

I am actually a little better with the arc/stick than I am with the mig, I just haven't had my own machine. From all the comments on the auto darkening helmets, I think one of those is on my short list of other things to get

Jim

• limebuzz and KennyP have said thanks