Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

43 blade on a 72' 112 with electric lift?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 antiquetractors OFFLINE  

antiquetractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6720
  • 279 Thanks
  • 506 posts

Posted January 13, 2012 - 02:31 PM

I just scored this blade off of CL and I am having trouble with the lift linkage. Where does the lift linkage connect for a 43 blade on a 72' 112 with electric lift?
There are several spots that look like it could be hooked up to. Anyone have a picture or info they could tell me?
Thanks

#2 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted January 13, 2012 - 02:52 PM

There is a lift rod that goes from the rock shaft up to the front pivot(Front pivot is bolted to top of frame in front of motor).Then there is Looks like a chain link but bigger i think it might be around 3in long gets attached to the blade this goes in the lower hole of pivot.The lift rod to the rock shaft goes in the upper hole.on the rock shaft it goes in the hole closer to cluch pedal side of tractor but not against the frame.Slotted clevis goes towards front.

#3 antiquetractors OFFLINE  

antiquetractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 279 Thanks
  • 506 posts

Posted January 13, 2012 - 03:39 PM

There is a lift rod that goes from the rock shaft up to the front pivot(Front pivot is bolted to top of frame in front of motor).Then there is Looks like a chain link but bigger i think it might be around 3in long gets attached to the blade this goes in the lower hole of pivot.The lift rod to the rock shaft goes in the upper hole.on the rock shaft it goes in the hole closer to cluch pedal side of tractor but not against the frame.Slotted clevis goes towards front.

I don't really understand much of what you said so I will post some pics and maybe you can point out where it goes lol

john deere 5.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• john deere 4.jpg
  • john deere 1.jpg
  • john deere 3.jpg
  • john deere 2.jpg

#4 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted January 13, 2012 - 03:59 PM

I don't really understand much of what you said so I will post some pics and maybe you can point out where it goes lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27980[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]27982[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]27978[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]27981[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]27979[/ATTACH]

in picture num 2 it gets attached to the flat iron in between black lifting cylinder and green rod.Picture num 4 the gold pc is your pivot that actually gets bolted up under your bumper (should be a round pipe going from one side of tractor to the other with a tab welded to it facing front bumper)A bolt goes in the top hole and bolts to that tab.Then there should be another shorter link that goes from gold pivot to snow plow.When you are bolting the pivot to tractor use a little longer bolt so you can double nut the bolt so your pivot still moves.Don't tighten the first nut completely tighten 2nd nut up against 1st nut.

Edited by ckjakline, January 13, 2012 - 04:07 PM.

• antiquetractors said thank you

#5 antiquetractors OFFLINE  

antiquetractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 279 Thanks
  • 506 posts

Posted January 13, 2012 - 10:25 PM

I think I understand what you are saying now. I found the tab on the front of the engine but I don't have the piece to go to the blade. The guy I bought it from said he had it mounted up like the way it was. He was using a manual lift, does that make any difference in the rod? The rod now seems to be to long to go to the tab you pointed out.

Thanks

in picture num 2 it gets attached to the flat iron in between black lifting cylinder and green rod.Picture num 4 the gold pc is your pivot that actually gets bolted up under your bumper (should be a round pipe going from one side of tractor to the other with a tab welded to it facing front bumper)A bolt goes in the top hole and bolts to that tab.Then there should be another shorter link that goes from gold pivot to snow plow.When you are bolting the pivot to tractor use a little longer bolt so you can double nut the bolt so your pivot still moves.Don't tighten the first nut completely tighten 2nd nut up against 1st nut.

#6 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted January 13, 2012 - 11:16 PM

I'm not positive,but i think they should be the same.I'm not sure how much longer it is,but you do have some adj on that threaded rod and yoke.That shorter link is still avail through J.d. I had to get everything for mine.I think it was arond $20 for the small link.You can also get them used on ebay.If you go to the dealer and tell them you need the link from front lift pivot to your model #snow blade they should be able to find it.

#7 antiquetractors OFFLINE  

antiquetractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 279 Thanks
  • 506 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 06:40 PM

Thanks for your help, I would still be lost if you hadn't of helped. I got the blade hooked up and working. I didn't have the front link so I just made a couple from a piece of bar stock I had around the shop.

I'm not positive,but i think they should be the same.I'm not sure how much longer it is,but you do have some adj on that threaded rod and yoke.That shorter link is still avail through J.d. I had to get everything for mine.I think it was arond $20 for the small link.You can also get them used on ebay.If you go to the dealer and tell them you need the link from front lift pivot to your model #snow blade they should be able to find it.

#8 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 08:54 PM

That would also work.I had a hard time with mine also the first time i put it on.Mine didn't have any of the front linkage and i didn't know what i needed to hook it up.I wasn't a member on here yet.

#9 lyall ONLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,747 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted January 18, 2012 - 08:58 PM

you can make them from 7/8" or 1" bar stock 3/16" or 1/4" thick (1/8" will work) and around 2" long. Hole spacing is 1.1" +/- for the two 3/8" dia. holes - need 2 bars.
then two 3/8" dia. pins around 1-3/8" long - you can use 3/8" dia. bolts and cut them and drill a hole. and 2 -clips or spring locking pins

deere price - bars - $10.88 each, pins - $2.40 each and clips - $0.37 each - total $27.30 plus tax
that is what I can get from my JD dealer - your can be more or less

I had the bar stock and bolts just bought the 2 clips