#1 DGS345 OFFLINE  

DGS345

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 513
  • 16 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted May 26, 2010 - 03:19 PM

mowed most of my yard today with the 1220.then started to hear a noise:confuse:. turns out lost a tooth in the gear box on my mower deck good thing i got a free deck the other day.. changed gear boxes all is well now. also threw on a new belt. works good now. I cant believe you have to pull the gear box to change the belt. i had to put the gear box on 2X :wallbanging:.. any way I would like to put new gears in the other box just in case does any one know if these are available or if ythey are commen gears

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,202 posts

Posted May 26, 2010 - 06:11 PM

mowed most of my yard today with the 1220.then started to hear a noise:confuse:. turns out lost a tooth in the gear box on my mower deck good thing i got a free deck the other day.. changed gear boxes all is well now. also threw on a new belt. works good now. I cant believe you have to pull the gear box to change the belt. i had to put the gear box on 2X :wallbanging:.. any way I would like to put new gears in the other box just in case does any one know if these are available or if ythey are commen gears

You can get gears from here: Posted Image

Just be warned..... the gears probably are pretty pricy....
Just call or send an e-mail to Sam's. They are very friendly and a pleasure to deal with.

You may even be better off just looking for a quality used Gearbox on ebay.......

#3 DGS345 OFFLINE  

DGS345

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 513
  • 16 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted May 26, 2010 - 06:55 PM

Yea i was just looking on e bay I think i found the gears on there i just have to check the numbers. dont really need it but would like to rebuild it and have it just in case