23 replies to this topic

#16 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 02:08 PM

Thank you for the idea, I went ahead and signed up to yahoo to get that pdf. Sure enough I was able to get the photo from yahoo group and I blew up the photo of Jimbobbillyray's in his pick-up before he unloaded and I think I can fab this up. I have a Jacobson blade that is rust free solid but missing most of the hook up brackets that has been around here for quite awhile that nobody seemed to want so it should work nice for this project. If you could give me the drop measurement from the rear attachment to the round tube, the length of the push tube/beam, and maybe the length of the lift tab and connecting rod it would save me allot of time guesstimating :)
The cross pieces just need to fit inside my rails and the holes in the frame (right?).
Jim

Okay. Don't let me forget. I should be able to snap a pic or 2 and label them with measurements this afternoon. Yes, the mount goes between the frame tubes. So does the lift mechanism. The mount goes on the set of holes in the frame tubes way back near the brakes. The lift goes up front in the set of holes behind the engine. They're held in place by long 1/2" solid rods that you can get anywhere. Maybe you could use just regular old black iron pipe to go between the tubes and slide the rod all the way through them and through the holes in the frame tubes.. That's pretty much how the stock panzer mounts.

#17 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 04:54 PM

Okay guys. Time for pictures of the plow mount. I'd have hesitated to show before today, but after using it, now it's a proven setup. I'm not sure if this is the way that the lift is supposed to be connected (the thread-all), but it does work nicely. It's up on jacks just to let the tire chains dry, but it does help with pictures.

The rod sticking out across the back tire actually belongs to the snowblower, not the tractor. Still wet from plowing. Of course, I had to wash it to make sure my baby didn't have any nasty road salt on it from plowing the edge of the main road.

HPIM2820.jpg

Okay, here's what you wanted to see. Five inches from the center of the mounting pin to the top of the push bar. This was a panzer push bar, but was missing the lift rod which I made out of thread-all.
HPIM2824.JPG

Right in front of the grill is where the stock panzer round tube ends. It went further but was bent. So I cut it and everything from there forward is custom. I mean the plow came from something else. Somebody said maybe a wheel horse. dunno.
HPIM2823.jpg

Picture from the right side. Do note that it is important to get that plate as wide as possible up where it meets the tube. This one was even starting to crack on each side where the tube meets the plate. Just re-welded it.
HPIM2821.JPG

I don't know why this one is so small. Picture of the lift. Note that in all these pictures the lift is up.
HPIM2822.jpg
And this is how I connected the lift in the rear. the turquoise rod in the back is the one that goes back to the hitch lift.
HPIM2825.JPG
  • Delmar, jpackard56 and Clint have said thanks

#18 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 07:03 PM

"Cats Jammies" that is a sweet set up, thanks for sharing the photos and dimensions. I'm going to be collecting pieces-parts and as soon as my welder is back in commission I'm going to work on this. Hopefully next winter the Panzer will back up the Cub 108, course this year I still haven't had to plow ):
Almost had 3" last night here, changed to rain which beat down the snow, re-froze and ended up to be about 1/4" of ice on everything, kind-a-pretty to look at but chores were NOT any fun today...we all landed on our backsides a bunch, even the dogs!!! (the cows were heavy enough to break thru into the mud underneath)

#19 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,316 Thanks
  • 2,412 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 11:10 AM

Man, do I owe you guys an apology. I haven't revisited this thread since I started it. Next time I'm not paying attention throw a stick at me or something!
I took a bunch of pictures of my plow,to give you an idea of the measurements. Please, ask any questions. There is one thing about the plow that I don't like, that is that the blade needs to be a few more inches farther away from the brackets. What I mean is the shaft or rod or whatever that the snow blade attaches to could be a little longer, to put the blade out farther in front of the tractor. The reason for that is when I angle the blade, I can only lock it into the first notch on the angle bracket. any more angle that that causes the foot on the blade to run into the tire.
the lift bracket or arm (attaches the lift tube(front tube) to the lift handle on the tractor) is about 24 1/4 inches long, the tubes that have the rods thru them to attach the plow to the tube frame of the tractor are 13 7/8 inches long, the distance between centerline of the back tube and the bottom(height) of the frame is about 5 1/2 inches, centerline of that tube to the center of the bracket welded to the blade frame tube is 10 1/2 inches, the link between the welded bracket on the frame tube and the bracket on the lift tube is 3 1/2 inches long, the welded link piece on the lift tube is 2 1/2 inches long, the arm that is on the end of the lift tube that the lift linkage attaches to is 4 1/4 inches long. The distance between center of the back tube/bracket (the one that attaches to the tractor between the brake pedals) and the back of the snow blade is 40 inches. I would make this about 43 inches or so, so there would be clearance for the skid shoes on the bottom of the blade in relation to the front tires.

Edited by Jimbobbillyray, February 14, 2012 - 04:26 PM.

• jpackard56 and Clint have said thanks

#20 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 07:27 AM

Still waiting to get power out to the shop. The previous owner had just stuck #12-3 romex wire about 8 inches under the grass and it was way too small gauge ( over 400 ft long). It lit bulbs o.k. but the compressor and welder, ah NO. Trying to get this worked out turns out the power company never upgraded the main service here either since like 1950. So now I've got new service poles up the road and one that I had to pay for close to the house (not cheap or easy) Hoping on spring break to finish running the underground conduit and hookup the disconects to the barns and shop. Then find the time to start welding some projects around here.

#21 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,316 Thanks
  • 2,412 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 08:21 AM

Still waiting to get power out to the shop. The previous owner had just stuck #12-3 romex wire about 8 inches under the grass and it was way too small gauge ( over 400 ft long). It lit bulbs o.k. but the compressor and welder, ah NO. Trying to get this worked out turns out the power company never upgraded the main service here either since like 1950. So now I've got new service poles up the road and one that I had to pay for close to the house (not cheap or easy) Hoping on spring break to finish running the underground conduit and hookup the disconects to the barns and shop. Then find the time to start welding some projects around here.

Typical with the romex underground. It will be great when you have the electrical finished up at your shop.

Edited by Jimbobbillyray, February 15, 2012 - 08:24 AM.

#22 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 04:50 PM

JimBob,
On your second photo, it looks like the tube which the pin goes through has been folded forward. Maybe it took a direct head-on hit at some point in th past. The center of the tube should be directly in-line with the back of plate it's welded to.

Check out my 4th photo. This could be one reason why your plow feels too close to the wheels.

#23 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,316 Thanks
  • 2,412 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 07:40 PM

JimBob,
On your second photo, it looks like the tube which the pin goes through has been folded forward. Maybe it took a direct head-on hit at some point in th past. The center of the tube should be directly in-line with the back of plate it's welded to.

Check out my 4th photo. This could be one reason why your plow feels too close to the wheels.

You know, I bet you're right about that. Like it was driven at high speed into a brick wall and bent that back brace...wait a minute....we're talking about a panzer...there is no high speed...... :bigrofl: seriously, something had to force that to have that happen. I hadn't really thought about it until u mentioned it.

#24 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 08:40 PM

Pearl the panzer looks pretty solid,i'll bet she is dependable and get's the job done everytime :thumbs:
  • Delmar said thank you