6 replies to this topic

#1 timtractor OFFLINE  

timtractor

• Contributor
  • Member No: 4824
  • 224 Thanks
  • 376 posts

Posted January 11, 2012 - 06:04 PM

I am wondering what that paint color :confuse: and location of the colors :confuse: are suppose to be on this machine. The only color I cand find on it is a hunter green looking color under the engine. The motor on it is a Briggs and Stratton. The only information I know about this is that it is called a Little Farmer, and it was made during war time. One guy told me that it is the earliest model the company produced.
IMG_20120110_155705.jpg

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,731 Thanks
  • 4,288 posts

Posted January 11, 2012 - 06:21 PM

Tim, they were built by the Wilburt Co of Orrvile OH. They used 2 colors. Some were green and others were orange. Supposedly if the tractor was green, the tag was orange and if the tractor was orange, the tag was green. The tag was on the belt guard that looks missing on yours. Yours isn't the early model. The wheel was different on it. This style is the most common. Looks almost like Bradley wheels on the back. I don't think they are original. They also had a weight that slipped over the front of the frame. I'll have to see if I've got any good pictures. If not, I'll see if I can get one of mine.
  • timtractor said thank you

#3 timtractor OFFLINE  

timtractor

• Contributor
  • 224 Thanks
  • 376 posts

Posted January 12, 2012 - 09:54 AM

Thanks for the info DougT. I look forward to seeing some other pics of what is missing from this machine. I would like to see a picture of the side shield and tag. This machine has no id tag or serial number.

#4 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,731 Thanks
  • 4,288 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 10:19 AM

These are pictures of a buddies tractor I robbed off the web. I see he has the same cultivator wheels yours does. I don't think I have that on mine. Its been awhile since I've looked at it. It also makes me wonder about the tag. His tag is green and orange. I guess I'll have to try and get to mine.

LittleFarmer.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• WilBurttag.jpg

#5 timtractor OFFLINE  

timtractor

• Contributor
  • 224 Thanks
  • 376 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 10:32 AM

Thanks again for the help DougT. Here is a pic of the other side.
IMG_20120110_155743.jpg

#6 traktrjorj OFFLINE  

traktrjorj

• Contributor
  • Member No: 66
  • 45 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 09:51 AM

Here is my cover for my Orange Little Farmer before it was painted. There is another one here in Illinois that is a light yellow color but as Doug stated the orange and light green are common to this tractor. I am actually glad to see yours as now there is another that has the same cultivator lift wheels and verifies that they were original to this unit. Thanks for the posting, Gary

Attached Thumbnails

• Little Farmer cover 001.JPG

#7 traktrjorj OFFLINE  

traktrjorj

• Contributor
  • Member No: 66
  • 45 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 10:34 AM

The original Little Farmer had a chain drive on the left side instead of an enclosed gear drive on the right like most you see. Here is a shot of the yellow Little Farmer cover. Don't know about the yellow being an original color because as you can see in the photo the decal has been taken off and screwed on and I have yet to see another one in the yellow color. Gary

Attached Thumbnails

• Yellow Little farmer cover.jpg