• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• Member No: 8191
  • 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 06:45 PM

Hey guys just looking to see if there are any others with a Ford 195 or with any knowledge about this tractor Because i am looking to restore it as be belong to my father in law and i am trying to find parts and attachments also to the best of my knowledge this is a late 70's to early 80's model

Thanks in advanced for any and all replies

Russ

#2 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 06:52 PM

Welcome Russ. There are members here with 195s and very knowledgeable about them to boot. I'm sure they will comment soon. Glad you are here.
  • Russ said thank you

#3 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 06:54 PM

Thats great new to me,,lol, Thanks Dave can't wait to get thing started ,,

#4 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 06:59 PM

Welcome to the forum. Surely Help will be on soon.
  • Russ said thank you

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,526 Thanks
  • 39,746 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 07:06 PM

Welcome Russ! Got a 195, huh? Tough tractors. Here's a repair manual for it: Ford Repair Manual - Manuals - Garden Tractor Talk - Forums
And here a parts manual: Ford 72 to 83 Parts Book - Manuals - Garden Tractor Talk - Forums
When you can, post some pics of it. We love pics!
  • Russ said thank you

#6 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 07:13 PM

:wave: Russ Welcome to GTTalk! Great to have you here! I'm not a Ford guy, but there are a lot of them on here. I see that Kenny has you set up with the manuals already. If there are specific questions that you have, fire away and I'm sure that someone will have an answer for you! I couldn't find any ready references specifically for Ford parts, but you could try our site sponsors located down the right side of the home page. Thanks for signing up and hope that you enjoy the forum a much as the rest of us do!

Edited by JDBrian, January 11, 2012 - 06:22 AM.

• Russ said thank you

#7 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 07:29 PM

Welcome Russ! Glad you've joined us! Several Ford guys here.
  • Russ said thank you

#8 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 08:00 PM

This all great guys thanks alot,, Yea I have the 195 alright an a proud owner of it I gota say that,,lol, My Father in law bought it new years ago,, The last 20 years I been trying to get my hands on it, An its the 1st one I have ever seen as a FORD,, Well sad part is both my in laws has past an I took to 195 an brought er home with me, (my wife said I can),,lol, It's in lil rough shape but I going to try an make er look new again, But 1st I wantin to get everything working good on it before I go to start paintin er,, Ok, So ya'll know how I end up with my Ford 195 now,, I have the snow plow with it an grass catcher, Took me 3 days to fig out how to hook the snowplow up couldn't fine anything about this lil tractor at all, So anyways I need to put in a new key switch an I have one but can't fig out where what wire gose where, I do have it running but not with the key switch so thats the 1st thing I could really use some help with, I don't know how good the 195's are but sure wanting to learn about them, I got to fig out how to put pic's on here cause I do have a few,, Again I Thank ya'll for the welcome ,, An sure hope to get my lil tractor in shape

#9 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 10:57 PM

Forgot to say my motor is the Kohler K5325 4 cycle twin cylinder air cool 19.9 hp. an on the body is the Model # 09JC3526 an the serial # is 1740 So is there any place to put these numbers on here to find out for sure what year my tractor is? Wantin to try to find different attachments for it like a back hoe, a bucket for the front,, I have the 60 inch Rotary mower for it an in good shape, I would really like to trade my snow plow in on a bucket for the front of my tractor,, Well I guess I better slow down some an have most of the winter to get my tractor ready for spring,, But will use it as soon as I can,, She sure rides good at least I know that much,,

#10 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted January 11, 2012 - 12:07 AM

Well I was trying to get my pic on here an ended up putin em in the FORD/Jacobsen gallery I think

#11 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted January 11, 2012 - 04:43 AM

Hi Russ, welcome , I must say, that is one rugged looking tractor for sure! I would love to get my hands on one myself, I need one with larger wheels :thumbs:
  • Russ said thank you

#12 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,526 Thanks
  • 39,746 posts

Posted January 11, 2012 - 04:51 AM

Russ, there isn't anything that I know of to tell the year except thru the engine #'s. Cool pics. I think a lot of us would like to find one of these. Finding a loader and backhoe would be sweet, but expensive.
  • Russ said thank you

#13 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted January 11, 2012 - 05:10 AM

I believe the 195 was made only 1 year but might have been sold for 2, 1983 . They are rare! They seem to have been all shipped to the central us, as finding one in the northeast is next to impossible.
Your lucky though, most all the sheetmetal is the same as the smaller rigs except the rear seat pan and tunnel cover .All the attachments are special to it as well. From what the NH dealer friend I know said, they were very pricey and just didn't have the creature features that the 318 Deere had, so they were a tough sale, at least here in New England anyways.
  • Russ said thank you

#14 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 11, 2012 - 05:12 AM

Ruus,welcome to the forum.Glad to have you with us.
  • Russ said thank you

#15 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted January 11, 2012 - 10:36 AM

Well from what I am hearing from all in here so far sounds like I was right about keeping the lil tractor an bringing er home with me,, (had to make a 424 mile trip) but I sure feel its going to be worth it,, So far everything is working great on er, Just lil stuff needs taken care of cause it wasn't taken care of at all,,Got to find a pully for the front on the bottom where the belt rides on 2 of em for the 60 inch Rotary deck, I don't have anything that hooks up to the back of the tractor but a hitch, I going to put a ball on it an see how it will pull my bass boat round the yard for when I need it moved,,lol, Ya'll got me wondering what this tractor would be worth,, But I sure not going to be selling er thats for sure,,