Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

One more, dear, really just one more, I promise....

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted January 09, 2012 - 09:48 PM

I went and picked it up a little while ago. I couldn't pass this one up. T-75 with the deck and snow blade. Needs a tune-up. Waiting for my buddy to come over and help me get it out of the truck.

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,280 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted January 09, 2012 - 09:51 PM

Looks like a nice Panzer. Nice find.

Is that an original hubcap I see?

#3 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted January 09, 2012 - 09:52 PM

yea, kinda rough on one side. the other looks good.

#4 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 07:04 AM

Nice find.
I really want one of those. We never ever see them up here.
  • Delmar said thank you

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,439 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 07:51 AM

Sure, one more! Yeah, we know better. :bigrofl:

Cool tractor, by the way!
  • Delmar said thank you

#6 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 08:02 AM

You didn't post what you paid, but anything $700 or less for that is a bargain in Pittsburgh dollars. That is assuming the deck is okay. Looks like it is from what I can see of it in the picture. After getting familiar with the panzers and owning and crossing a t70 with an 1107, I really believe that the T75x's like yours are the best model, even though I don't own one. The mechanicals are real good, maybe just a step below the 1107/1110 models (last ones they made), but they still have the great looks of the older panzers. On that model, I believe the mower deck pto will be driven all the time, but the deck itself will have a belt tensioner which will make the blades go. The panzers which are older than yours were driven by a gearbox on the side going down to a shaft on the mower deck which went across the entire deck - and I hear those are problematic in their old age. The 1107/1110 which came after have a ball-bearing pto clutch way up on the end of the engine pulley - where your pto pulley is in your pics, and they drive by a long belt and idlers down to the deck Just wanted to make sure you knew the lay of the land for trying to get that mower deck set up, and finding parts, etc. I see ads all the time on CL or ebay saying "Panzer Deck" thinking that anyone with a panzer can pick it up. That is the one thing about the tractor which changed most over time and actually quite quickly from year to year. Good catch!!!
  • Delmar said thank you

#7 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 06:48 PM

You are probably right on with that one KennyP.
The man I bought the tractor from told me it had been in the family for a long time, and had not been started for more than 3 years. It was always kept in the garage. He didn't care anything about it, it was just in the way.
I looked in the gas tank today, it was dry. There was a newer gas line and filter from the tank to the carburator. Checked the oil, dirty, but full. Put some gas in it, gave it some gas and choke. First pull, sputter. Second pull, started and it runs pretty good. Rode it around the yard a few times then changed the oil. Foward is fine, reverse is so-so. The seller gave me a new friction pulley for it, I might put that on. The code on the motor says it was built in 1969. I put it back in my truck and took it up to show it to my friend that owns a lawnmower shop in town. He's been in business here for decades. He got a grin when he saw it in the back of my truck. Lou told me that he had been a dealer for them, and had sold them here in town back in '69-'70. I asked him if he still had any sales brochures or manuals for it, he said no.

#8 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,628 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 06:52 PM

Great buy! And I'm with Kenny....sure it's the last one! :bigrofl: I say that about every 4 to 6 months!
  • Delmar said thank you

#9 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 07:07 PM

That's a really nice score on the Panzer! Nice that you got some useful attachments for it too!

When my wife and I were first married, I told her to never ask me a question that she didn't want an honest answer to...i.e. "Do these pants make my butt look big?", Do you like my haircut?", Are you going to buy MORE tractors?" LOL It's worked out OK so far!
  • Delmar said thank you

#10 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,439 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 07:09 PM

Glad it started easily for you. Get some Seafoam and/or MMO in the gas, it'll help clean out the carb and cylinder. Maybe she'll purr for you.
  • Delmar said thank you

#11 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 07:39 PM

MMO is really just kerosene. It will free sticky lifters, clean valves, etc. Years ago my father-in-law showed me a good use for kerosene. Cleaning out old motors. Drain the oil in an old motor, replace it with kerosene. Only do this with a COLD motor. run the motor for a minute or less, then drain the kerosene out. It cleans the sludge and gunk out of the oilways, valve covers, oil pan, oil pump screen etc. Kerosene is oil-based, so it won't hurt your motor. Only do this with a cold motor, and don't let the motor get warm. I have even sometimes put a new oil filter on before cleaning with kerosene and then put a new filter on with fresh oil. Fill it back up with your favorite brand of oil and you are good to go. I have been doing this for years-at least since 1981-when Mary and I got married. I don't buy new tractors, I don't buy new cars or trucks. Most everything I pick up has a lot of mileage on the motor and I almost always clean the motor this way when I buy them. I don't guarantee it will work for you, but it works for me!

#12 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,615 Thanks
  • 3,914 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 07:54 PM

You got a great deal on the Panzer. I saw it on Craigslist and knew it wouldn't be on there for very long.
:thumbs:
  • Delmar said thank you

#13 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 08:18 PM

I got really lucky. He posted at about 5 50 am and I was on at about 6am. I was the first response, he said he had had it on about 6 months before with no response. He agreed to sell it to me, I did not haggle about the price.

Gtractor, did you see the Bolens 900 with all the attachments? All for $ 600, thats a great deal too!

#14 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,615 Thanks
  • 3,914 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 08:23 PM

Yes I saw the 900. I wish I could just stop looking at Craigs, it always gives me "the wants". :wallbanging:

#15 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 08:35 PM

addicting, like garden tractors!!!!!