• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,743 posts

Posted July 12, 2012 - 09:03 AM

Good info there, DB! Thanks for the insight of how they came to be!

#17 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 477 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted July 12, 2012 - 12:21 PM

Wagner Iron works built 25 little giants at a time.Wagners was building pipe loaders for IH. Little Giant starting being built in the mid 50's.IH asked to test wagners tractors to see if they wanted to rebadge them and sell them through there dealerships.They didn't meet IH specs.So IH decide to build there own tractors.I have friend that has told me that his local farmall dealer was selling wagner gt at there dealership. I had the priveledge to talk to Bob Wagner about his family history.
  • David Brown said thank you

#18 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted July 12, 2012 - 12:31 PM

Wagner Iron works built 25 little giants at a time.Wagners was building pipe loaders for IH. Little Giant starting being built in the mid 50's.IH asked to test wagners tractors to see if they wanted to rebadge them and sell them through there dealerships.They didn't meet IH specs.So IH decide to build there own tractors.I have friend that has told me that his local farmall dealer was selling wagner gt at there dealership. I had the priveledge to talk to Bob Wagner about his family history.

I'm glad you posted that, thanks. I was going strictly by what I had heard and I'm always grateful when the story gets to be a little clearer.
  • josh deaven said thank you

#19 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 477 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted July 12, 2012 - 01:39 PM

Thanks I am glad to help.I just had an article in lawn and garden tractor on this subject.Thanks Josh