• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jasper OFFLINE  

Jasper

• Member No: 994
  • 15 Thanks
  • 42 posts

Posted January 09, 2012 - 08:37 PM

I have the opportunity to purchase a Bronco 14 but I don't know anything about this model. How powerful are the hydraulics, can they be used to run attachments, and are the attachments easy to find. The unit I'm considering is $225 obo and does not run. Is this a deal or too much.

Attached Thumbnails

• 5O35R35S53ka3me3l5bc4bd997cfc413a1b45.jpg
  • 5T05Q05X53k93o73ldbc4d18a3f519fd51939.jpg
  • 5O45U55X03m73o33pdbc432ac2cdd8b361a10.jpg

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,334 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted January 09, 2012 - 08:46 PM

If, by attachments, you mean like a loader or something, I would think it would be slow at the very least. The hydraulics are just for deck lift, sleeve hitch lift, etc. IDK if you can add more, but the system as it is is designed for small lifts.

Is the Kohler savable? If so, I think they are a little high, but I'm always amazed what WH collectors will pay :D. If not, I think they need to come down significantly.

All that said, a very similar unit with a running 12 Hp and the same hydraulics setup went for about a third of that last summer. Granted, the paint was no where near that good... But none the less, it ran. Pretty well actually.

#3 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 07:30 PM

Hey Jasper, I'm with MH81 on the value. The Bronco's aren't overly rare, or at least not more so than anything from that era. The hydraulics as Alan described are great for attachment lift, but the pump is small and slow, volume wise, for anything more than that. I wouldn't pay that much, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so that's your call. It's definitely a savable machine! Best of luck with whatever you decide! BTW, is the other front hubcap there?

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 07:47 PM

That may have the solid state ignition, as I may see the coil just under & behind the starter. The GT14 had solid state & the parts are hard to impossible to get. However, most can have points added & switch to battery powered ignition. I would give $150 to $175 for it myself...tops.

#5 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 08:42 PM

Sorry I missed this thread. If you can still buy it, it is worth the money. The electric PTO clutch is worth one hundred to one fifty. The ¹⁴HP Kohler will bring at least one hundred and fifty easy. I would try to buy it for less, but would take all of them I could find for that money....Good Luck

#6 546cowboy OFFLINE  

546cowboy

• Member No: 5766
  • 6 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 10:04 PM

If the engine is OK I'm with Brian on that. Bronco 14's are not that common around me. I had one last year and sold it and have been kicking myself ever since.
I see that those that thought the price was high live in PA.
I live about 80 miles from Wheel Horse USA AKA South Bend,IN and for some reason there are more horses on the east coast and especially PA.
If you watch Ebay at all the prices for vintage wheel horses are usually higher.
As for impliments. WH used that hydro for a long time through many years and many different models. No I wouldn't try to run a loader off it but it will work with pretty much anything else you want to use. That 14 hp. Kohler is a strong engine.

#7 Jasper OFFLINE  

Jasper

• Member No: 994
  • 15 Thanks
  • 42 posts

Posted January 17, 2012 - 08:59 PM

Thanks for the response. I haven't bought it as it is about 3 hrs drive from where I live. It is still showing up on Cgaigslist Wheel Horse

#8 jay holt OFFLINE  

jay holt

• Member No: 4692
  • 1 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 08:55 PM

my personal favorite wh is the bronco 14. the one your looking at is a 71. it has push- pull throtle & choke cables, it may or my not have the racing stripe down the hood. the 72 had up & down throtle & choke controls. i paid 500 in 1993 for my 71 & 550 for my 72 delivered to the wh show last june. my advice is to buy it. jay

#9 jusjeepn OFFLINE  

jusjeepn

• Member No: 2392
  • 84 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted April 08, 2012 - 01:57 AM

So did you get it? If not, well sorry you missed it. I see you in SC and any WH down there is pretty rare from what I understand. I live just south of Cowboy and just bought one, non running, deck froze solid but only 2 holes, no tires hold air, rims rusted, paint shot but engine has compression fro $200. I already tested the electric clutch and it's good ($100), has all 4 hub caps ($100) and the rest is a gimme! :thumbs: