• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 yamaha225 OFFLINE  

yamaha225

• Member No: 8141
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted January 07, 2012 - 04:10 PM

Hi everyone I have a 1966 Jacobsen Chief o matic 1000 with a 10 Hp kohler and the hydrostatic transmission. Its in pretty decent shape and runs good. The rear wheels are rusted pretty bad because my grandfather had then filled with water for weight. I also have some nice wheel weights that he made for it. The transmission leaks fluid pretty bad. It does still work but makes an odd noise. I'm new to old tractors but pretty mechanically inclined and I'm wondering what some good sources are for parts and how complex the hydro trannys are to rebuild. I'd like to get the running gear in good shape and then fix it up a little at a time. The main thing I need is one rear wheel and tires. I'll also need some parts for the tranny. Thanks guys :)

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted January 07, 2012 - 04:15 PM

Welcome to GTT!

There are many friendly and knowledgeable people here that should be able to help you out with your Jacobsen

We would love to see some pictures of your tractor when you get a chance :thumbs:

#3 yamaha225 OFFLINE  

yamaha225

• 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted January 07, 2012 - 04:29 PM

Ya I will definatly take some pics soon :) I got started today by taking off the wheel wieghts whicch was quite a process with who knows how many years of rust holding them on. Next up is dismantling the rear tires to see how bad the rims are.

#4 yamaha225 OFFLINE  

yamaha225

• 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted January 09, 2012 - 09:07 PM

No one?

#5 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,628 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 06:28 AM

Sorry I can't help you out on your parts , did you put a post in the " Classifieds" as Wanted ? I'm sure something will turn up , Al

#6 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 09:55 AM

Welcome, yamaha225! I can't help on parts either, but sometimes bumping thread helps. I had somehow missed this from the first, so I'm sure others have. Depending on width and offset, those rear wheels should be easy to come by. It takes a while for help to arrive at times.

#7 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 10:16 AM

yamaha225,welcome. Sorry I can't help you either.

#8 yamaha225 OFFLINE  

yamaha225

• 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 08:16 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :) I have the back end torn down some and I think I have a source for the rear wheels if I need them. (They don't look as bad as I thought from the outside) but i'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the hydro trans on these tractors and how hard they are to rebuild?