They look to be right.
  • whitelt120 said thank you

#47 whitelt120 OFFLINE  

whitelt120

• Member No: 5024
  • 17 Thanks
  • 119 posts

Posted January 29, 2012 - 01:12 AM

Is there anything i have to do to hook up my solenoid besides connecting the wires?

#48 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,685 posts

Posted January 29, 2012 - 03:57 AM

I didn't mark the solenoid in the colored schematic. (+) is battery cable, (-)is starter cable. (S) is wire from ignition start, (I) is ground. Hope this helps.

#49 whitelt120 OFFLINE  

whitelt120

• 17 Thanks
  • 119 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 12:01 AM

I didn't mark the solenoid in the colored schematic. (+) is battery cable, (-)is starter cable. (S) is wire from ignition start, (I) is ground. Hope this helps.

Well Guess what I did what you said and once again nothing happened:wallbanging:
Absolutly nothing:mad2:. But I'm not gonna give up I think it is the still in the pto switch wires. I believe the blue wire running to the coil maybe involved and the other wire that runs through the seat switch:smile1:

#50 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,685 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 05:33 AM

Sounds like it's time to test each wire where it connects. Disconnect the white wires from the PTO switch and see if you are getting Power to them when you turn the switch to start. One should have power, one shouldn't.
The blue wire at the coil should be for the hour meter. Does it start working when you turn the key to on? Does the amp gauge move when you turn it to on?
Here's an updated copy of the schematic with the switch connections identified:
FordWiringDiagram.jpg
The safety switch (after the PTO) is the neutral switch.

An ohm meter would help a lot here. Unhook the positive cable, hook one wire from the meter to it, use the other to make sure each connection is working. A lot of the meters have a little beeper that lets you know that connection is good.

Edited by KennyP, January 31, 2012 - 05:44 AM.

#51 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,685 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 06:37 AM

I went back to your pics and video again. It looks like you have a fuse hooked to a green wire. The green wire is to the PTO clutch, shouldn't be a fuse in that wire. Also noticed several wires hooked into the S terminal at the solenoid. Should only be one.
The seat switch is in the circuit to the PTO and coil, kills the engine if you get off the seat when the PTO is engaged.
The B terminal I am talking about is on the ignition switch, you hooked onto the amp gauge. That wire should be going to the B terminal on the ignition switch.
I'm thinking on this, trying to figure what is going on.

#52 dhiesel OFFLINE  

dhiesel

• Member No: 872
  • 18 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 01:50 PM

Try this I think it should work, and make sense.
Gator Clip your test light to gound (neg), or Battery terminal, it eliminates one variable.
Put light to known power, amp meter, from amp meter to B on switch (light should work) turn on switch (I) on the other side, light should work. Then seat switch, sit on seat for the other side of seat switch to power light, then PTO switch, (turned off). This does two things: checks for wire path and component operation (seat switch works).
You can chase your power path all the way to where it connects at the starter solinoid.
You should also make sure the solinoid works, take a jumper from a known power and touch the S side(not ground) and the starter should bump
  • KennyP and whitelt120 have said thanks

#53 whitelt120 OFFLINE  

whitelt120

• 17 Thanks
  • 119 posts

Posted February 05, 2012 - 08:15 PM

Sorry I haven't been on here lately Ive been pritty buisy. But I think Im gonna Make another video soon I hope.