57 replies to this topic

#46 icecream4070 OFFLINE  

icecream4070
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 47309
  • 61 Thanks
  • 103 posts

Posted September 03, 2014 - 02:37 PM

I know this isnt a amusement park tractor but i think it has a gt drive train from like a power king it was part of a ride from riverside in mass if anyone has any information or would like more pics let me know

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

• MH81 said thank you

#47 tractorjeff OFFLINE  

tractorjeff

• Member No: 5599
  • 47 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 12:06 PM

060.JPG 008 (2).JPG Here are pictures of the two different size Pony tractors. I've heard they were called Juniors and Seniors but my larger tractor was labeled Junior. It came from Universal Studio's prop warehouse and was in very rough condition. I believe I have one of every model of tractor that was used in amusement parks. If anyone has any additional info please let me know. 021.JPG 018.JPG P1050027.JPG

• DougT, Cat385B and Gabriel have said thanks

#48 OLDIRONLINDY OFFLINE  

OLDIRONLINDY

• Member No: 6596
  • 82 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 06:09 AM

Jeff I think I found an amusement park tractor that you do not have. I do not know a whole lot about it but the guy I bought it from said that it was use at Como park in the twin cities. It is a battery powered electric and looks to be quite well built. I picked it up at the Lesueur swap meet this weekend. Cant find any makers mark on it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20150423_2029421.jpg

#49 OLDIRONLINDY OFFLINE  

OLDIRONLINDY

• 82 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 06:10 AM

I know the picture is bad but I will try to take some more today.

#50 tractorjeff OFFLINE  

tractorjeff

• 47 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 12:57 PM

I would be interested in seeing more pictures. I haven't run across any electric amusement park tractor. Could it have been converted over. I've been meaning to make it to the LeSueur swap meet but something always comes up.

#51 OLDIRONLINDY OFFLINE  

OLDIRONLINDY

• 82 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 01:57 PM

I don't think it was converted but anything is possible. Here are some pictures.

IMG_20150426_1344141.jpg IMG_20150426_1344281.jpg IMG_20150426_1344341.jpg

#52 OLDIRONLINDY OFFLINE  

OLDIRONLINDY

• 82 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted April 28, 2015 - 12:16 PM

Here are some pictures from the 30's that were sent to me by Como park. The tractors are defiantly different than mine but I am wondering if the one I have is maybe a later version or one that was made for the smaller children. They were said to be built by Leo wright who also make some little cares for the park.

como tractor 2.PNG

como tractor 3.PNG

como tractor 1.PNG

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#53 OLDIRONLINDY OFFLINE  

OLDIRONLINDY

• 82 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted April 28, 2015 - 12:19 PM

This was the response from Como Park.

Dear Matt,

Here are some photos that were given to us from the granddaughter of a concession owner  (Leo Wright) who provided a boarded car race tract, race cars and tractors that kids could operate themselves – from the ‘30s-70s – according to the granddaughter.

The tractors were constructed by her grandfather from scratch and were battery powered.

Hope this helps, if you have more questions, let us know.

• MH81 said thank you

#54 OLDIRONLINDY OFFLINE  

OLDIRONLINDY

• 82 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted April 28, 2015 - 01:26 PM

Here is a video of my son driving the little tractor

• MH81 said thank you

#55 greenb69 OFFLINE  

greenb69
  • Member No: 65681
  • 268 Thanks
  • 210 posts

Posted April 28, 2015 - 01:30 PM

That is great. You even have the history and maker of the tractor. Adds value and context. Great purchase.
  • OLDIRONLINDY said thank you

#56 steveolboy OFFLINE  

steveolboy
  • Member No: 75963
  • 7 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 08:16 PM

I just brought home a Brownie model B serial #107. Looks original down to the ancient briggs. Other than the hood was a David Bradley, and Allen Herschel made them...What info is out there on these. Ours has a single seat and the full, uncut hood with a 2 bar steering wheel. Others I have seen have a 3 bar wheel. Production numbers or values or any info would be appreciated.

#57 lrhredjb OFFLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 280 Thanks
  • 269 posts

Posted October 05, 2015 - 06:59 PM

That sounds like an interesting pursuit! The Allan Herschell tractors appear to have David Bradly hoods. They look just like the old walk behinds. At any rate they're extremely cool and I'm very interested in reading the results as you go. Please feel free to update with info that you find along the way! Thanks for sharing the pics!

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the front view of those tractors, David Bradley.

#58 tractorjeff OFFLINE  

tractorjeff

• 47 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted October 05, 2015 - 08:03 PM

Brownie tractors had a single seat and full hood until the Allan Herschell Co purchased them and cut the hoods to make them easier to get on and off and made them two seater. The hoods were purchased from David Bradley without the embossed David Bradley name on the sides. The differentials and steering wheels were purchased from Hawkins Metal Products who used them on their Wildcat tractors. As for number of tractors built the rumor I heard was that David Bradley sold them 200 hoods. Anybody's guess if they were all used. I'm still researching amusement parks tractors but little info out there. 

• TAHOE said thank you